Renault Trafic LL29 Sport DCI 150

aaron-rs197

Paid Member
pretty damn quick for a van! gave the clio something to think about on a 150 meter stretch of dual carriageway from one roundabout to another! anyone know the performance specs of these? it was neck and neck all the way up to about 5k/6k rpm then ran out of road. went round the roundabout then onto single carriageway with him behind me. he was obviously upset by this as he felt it necessary to sit on my bumper for the next three quarters of a mile until i turned off on to another road (i wasn't going to entertain his efforts to get me to break the speed limit).

Some of these new vans are fast...

Cant speak for a Renault but my Mercedes fleet at work are all specced with the fastest diesel engines possible, the Vito's are 3.0l V6, something like 220bhp/440nm.. absolute missile when empty (95% of the time) Puts most cars to shame which really p****s people off :rofl:

Left foot on the brake and right on the throttle, launch it off lights it really is hilarious.

Thinking about it, i'd be pretty embarrassed if I tried to race a van and lost lol.

Last edited:
These cars are bad in a straight line its almost embarrassing, particularly if your not prepared and are in low revs. I know they make up for that in the corners but even so.

Saying that, some of these sporty vans are quick, and if it had nothing in it I can imagine they don't weight a whole lot more than car.

particularly if your not prepared and are in low revs...

i was in 3rd gear i think to start with at about 20mph perhaps, and yes i wasn't really prepared! that will teach me to under-estimate a renault with a sport badge. -as most people do :wink: