Renault sport gear knob

Hey guys buying a renault sport gear knob off eBay but there's a couple of options and prices. One is £70 and says its just for the meg 250 and is called bv6. Or there is one for £95 which says its for clio and is a bv5.
I thought they were all the same so am I okay buying the meg 250 one of will it not fit?
cheers

If I'm correct the bv5 one if for the 5 speed gearbox and the bv6 if for the 6 speed, I've read that people have brought the 5 for the clio 197 and it doesn't have the lift up for the reverse so doesn't fit, I'd ask the seller just to be sure

Harry I bought the cheaper one from eBay, £30 odd quid, came from Turkey! I think it's great, actually good quality, solid piece of alloy, fitted really well with some trial and error, works perfectly.

5y9ude8a.jpg

Cheers Simon.

Harry I bought the cheaper one from eBay, £30 odd quid, came from Turkey! I think it's great, actually good quality, solid piece of alloy, fitted really well with some trial and error, works perfectly.

5y9ude8a.jpg

Cheers Simon.
Looks good :smile:

5y9ude8a.jpg

Cheers Simon.

Do you have a link for this or the name of the seller please???

5y9ude8a.jpg

Cheers Simon.

That one is fake, didn't looks the same as my real gear knob.

I'm in no doubt it's not OE, but at about a third of the price it was worth a punt, and for me was a good result. Fits much like the aftermarket mono ones etc, has a separate collar with a grub Allen screw, then the ball just screws on, just need to align the collar to get the wording straight when fully tightened.

Looking at them on ebay, the bv5 has renaultsport on it and the bv6 has just RS on it, is that the only difference?

There's another bv6 that says renault sport on aswell. I've ordered this one which says its for meg 250 as it's got the lift reverse on the photo so hopefully it fits!

I fancy a different gear knob but dont really want to spend over £100 on one imo doesn't look amazing.

Is it noticeably heavier than the original? Would be nice.