Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

For any performance exhaust system, some type of crossover connecting the two sides of a dual exhaust system is important because it acts to balance the two banks of the engine.
The common H-style crossover is good at balancing sound pulses between the two halves, but does little to promote scavenging because the exhaust gases tend to follow the path of least resistance, which is straight through each pipe rather than taking the 90-degree turn through the H-pipe into the other half of the system. In an X-pipe system, however, where the two sides of the system intersect, the gas
m, however, where the two sides of the system intersect, the gasses have no choice but to intermingle as they pass through the junction. This promotes i

ses have no choice but to intermingle as they pass through the junction. This promotes improved scavenging effects by smoothing out uneven exhaust pulses from the engine’s firing order. It also helps quiet down the exhaust, resulting in a mellower, less raspy tone. According to Magnaflow, the faster acceleration of the gasses through an X-pipe causes them to flow in a linear fashion parallel to the walls of the tubing rather than tumbling. This “laminar” flowing gas is much quieter than tumbling gas, resulting in an exhaust tone up to 8 decibels quieter than a traditional H-pipe.

that's home made

View attachment 25208

View attachment 25209

that's magnaflow

img00015.jpg

View attachment 25210

this is how it look's on MB.

what do you think?

The homemade one looks exactly like the magnaflow.

Awesome. Just seen this with the turbo clio engine. Whats the spec on this now @Raptor6767
300bhp@0.8bar boost. Full boost at 3400rpm and it keeps it all to the revlimit. Rev limiter set to 6500rpm for now, will be at 8krpm.

When all done it will push ~1.5bar boost and probably be in the neighbourhood of ~450bhp.

Haven't touched the car in the past 3 months.

Reactions: trackspec197
I know this is a very old post, I recently bought a 750ml can with a breather filter on top. It's quite huge and I'm struggling with finding a suitable place to install mine. I've got a Ktec air intake kit installed too, so the engine bay is a bit cramped.

Will try mirroring your setup otherwise will probably look for a smaller can or something similar to yours.