Removing front seat belts.

I've bought some red seatbelts so will need to swap these over. I know that the mechanism is bolted at the bottom of the B pillar, but what trim to I need to remove to get to it?

I'm guessing that it's the hoop at the bottom which slides out, a bolt near the slider at the top and then the mechanism/pretentioner at the bottom?

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

All pretty straight forward trim wise, from memory rear door card and B pillar upper and then the bar with 1x bolt as you mentioned. Are the belts already in mechanisms and planning for plug and play? I seem to recall two wires to each that are hard wired in not plugged and I had to cut these to remove the belts mechanism.

All pretty straight forward trim wise, from memory rear door card and B pillar upper and then the bar with 1x bolt as you mentioned. Are the belts already in mechanisms and planning for plug and play? I seem to recall two wires to each that are hard wired in not plugged and I had to cut these to remove the belts mechanism.

Sounds easy enough, I'll have a look later on.

Cheers mate!

Tackling this later. The new belts have arrived with the block connectors still attached so should be a simple plug and play affair.

Re the rear quarter plastics, do they all just pull off? I tried the other night and they seemed quite tough to move!

Hello m8 [emoji4] Can i ask where did you get red seat belts im searching them for 3 months now LOL [emoji23][emoji23]

Poslano z mojega SM-G935F z uporabo Tapatalk

Reactions: Christopher
@Christopher I'm also interested as to where you sourced your red seat belts if you wouldn't mind sharing?

I bought them from a guy who was stripping his interior on RS197/200 and he didn't have a clue where they were from either.

Sorry to be of absolutely no help! Haha. Useless.

I have an idea that they're from a French market Clio 200, as they're Renault marked still.

Re. fitting, the job was surprisingly easy.

Remove the lower belt rail, remove the rear speaker and then stick your arm through and push the panel from the rear to free it.

The seat belt mechanism/pretentioner is all plug and play. Dead easy.

Re. fitting, the job was surprisingly easy.

Remove the lower belt rail, remove the rear speaker and then stick your arm through and push the panel from the rear to free it.

The seat belt mechanism/pretentioner is all plug and play. Dead easy.

I'm tempted to try and dye mine with some disperse dye... can you remove the actually polyester belts themselves from the mechanism easily enough then?

And you're not no help haha! At least you've let us know :smile:! Good to know they're genuine Renault thought!

I'm tempted to try and dye mine with some disperse dye... can you remove the actually polyester belts themselves from the mechanism easily enough then?

And you're not no help haha! At least you've let us know :smile:! Good to know they're genuine Renault thought!

I'll get you some pictures of my old silver ones later if that helps?

I'd be wary of disassembling them though because of the pretensioner

Have to get some pics up if you haven't already, be good to have a look-see!

From my project thread. :smile:

img_4438-jpg.18561

Thread revival!
I’m trying to do this but have no idea how to get the plug out, did anyone else have problems with this?