Removing front blade

Chris

Bad cop
Hi guys,

Thinking I might plastidip my front blade in black.

Anyone know how to remove it?

Also the little strips along the side of the door.

Thanks.

This would be useful to know! Mine got damaged from a small rock being flicked up and scuffing it up, so see it as a good chance to just go gloss black. I've seen a guy on Instagram do his silver side strips in red and I believe he says they just clip on/off, but I imagine it's a fairly delicate job so as not to break anything.

Well I have found out and it's a bumper off jobby then screws from the back of it.

I cba with this so going to spray it in situ with plastidip. I'll mask everything up before hand with low tack tape.

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Yeah I feared as much. Is it actually in three pieces do you know? Not sure plastidip will do much to hide my scuffs, but whatever I do it'll have to be whilst it's still on the bumper then, unless I take it somewhere and thats gonna get expensive...

Well I have found out and it's a bumper off jobby then screws from the back of it.

I cba with this so going to spray it in situ with plastidip. I'll mask everything up before hand with low tack tape.

We use 'Frog tape' at work.....designed for the task; and no bleeding through of colours when spraying.

Unsurprisingly with the name....the tape is green !

We use 'Frog tape' at work.....designed for the task; and no bleeding through of colours when spraying.

Unsurprisingly with the name....the tape is green !

Thanks for that, well I've got some detailing tape for polishing, I was going to use that! Razor blade and peel it off for any leakages anyway.

Interestingly, I've had someone from another forum tell me it just clips on and off, and after seeing the photos on this ebay listing for a mk4 R.S. bumper, I'm kind of inclined to agree..?!