red 197

right im sad to say... but im just getting bored of my basic 197. i think i either want a cup in white. pretty much exact to jases...

or maybe even a white with cup chas. i just want the recaros lower suspention etc and i really wana start doing some track days. mine just seems a lil basic inside.

i am also very tempted and its sad to say to maybe look at an astra nur vxr :worried: i think i might test drive one at the weekend or just a normal astra, has any1 else tried one of these?
and does maybe any1 wana take me out in there r27 or cup? i just wana feel the difference.

i was looking for a 200 or 250 but there just gunna loose so much money so dont see much point, and there is so much to be done on a vxr. but i do love renault sport. and would love anouther. i would say im loooking at doing a deal by mid aug as i get my paypal cash freed then so got money to spend tbh :wink:

i def dont want a new car if im doing track days.

people help what should i do :worried:

i always ask i know but it just shows how much i love the 197 i just get bored very quick. plus mine dosnt look too amazing sept the black wheels and zorst, but htink it would be silly to add kws or anything to it as ill be buying anouther this year either way i just want one now intime for summer track days etc

i allways seem to answer my own questions but what would you lot do.

i know the vxr is chav and i know its not good on corners but its damn fast and i drive alot of motorways etc.
but i love renault sports. (and before any1 says it i dont fancy and r26 etc)

it really either 197 or astra nur, or maybe even corsa vxr nur, or wait and frs mk2, or mk5 r32 (the last too would be well into next year )

Im sorry to hear this mate. I think your car looks the t**s!

chowiekid said:
mine just seems a lil basic inside.

I have the cup and if you dont want basic, avoid lol. I dont really have much in the way of comfort inside mine, Renault made sure of that (and charged me more). However, I can see where the money has gone. Handling.

I love the cup chassis, by far the best front wheel drive, short wheel base chassis I have ever experianced (I dont think many will argue).

chowiekid said:
does maybe any1 wana take me out in there r27 or cup

If I see you at a track day or something I will be more than happy to take you for a spin. I dont think you would notice much difference though to be honest, maybe a few tenths round a track...

ill take you out in mine when i get it back next week. I noticed the difference when i test drove it. But depends on how board you get, every thread i see of yours you wanna get i different car lol! :tongueout: Id say get an R27 got everything then and they look the tits. I think they stand out more then standard 197's. But yours does look tasty!

fogot you lived so close to me, that would be brill im thinkin bout a r27, would be perfect they have everything plus more lol...

how long have they taken with yours now!!!
seems ages.

i always see a different car i want so it makes me think lol and then i want. think i get it from my dad, he changes his cars twice a year lol...

:worried: bad trate as it costs me a fortune

I don't really get what your on about? Only difference between yours and the cup is that its got red callipers "stiffer" suspension and the inside is more ****pier without push start.

Stick some collies on yours, and tadaa. Perfect track slag. :wink:

4196491933_2f24761ff3_b.jpg
4197251300_cf95d6ac75_b.jpg
4226649122_df903f8059_o.jpg

mines gunna be close to 40k miles next month so i want lower miles to justify spending money on it.
so basically looking at weather it would be worth going for a cup or r27 or the devil of a vxr...

mines gunna be close to 40k miles next month so i want lower miles to justify spending money on it.
so basically looking at weather it would be worth going for a cup or r27 or the devil of a vxr...

cup.

why get a r27 to track it? aren't they just ff's with a different name? lol.

High miles = perfect track car, also you wont get anything for your 197 when selling it, that white one thats modded up to the trees has 43k on it and hes struggling to sell it for 9, i think.

VXR's, meh. Astras's are nice, nurb isn't worth it. Also bear in mind with vauxhall's they handle like a bag of bolts, i test drove a corsa vxr before i got my 197 and its faster in a straight line, but try throwing it about and it hates you for it, whereas the clio loves you.

If your gonna change, make it worth your while. Only other FWD car I would consider is the Intergra Type R DC5 (Never driven one, just always been a fan). The grass is always greener.

Jace said:
why get a r27 to track it? aren't they just ff's with a different name? lol.

Doesn't sound like he wants basic though. Plus a lot more resale value in an r27, which is key if you change your mind 6 months down the line.

fogot you lived so close to me, that would be brill im thinkin bout a r27, would be perfect they have everything plus more lol...

how long have they taken with yours now!!!
seems ages.

i always see a different car i want so it makes me think lol and then i want. think i get it from my dad, he changes his cars twice a year lol...

:worried: bad trate as it costs me a fortune

Lol im a bit the same, really wanted a new meg, then had a real hinkering for an FRS, but i know if o got rid i would miss it. My R27 is a keeper, and will be track one day, and if i want something else it will be 'as well'.

Its been over 2 months now, but the engine is in and running, its at the body shop now getting a new rear bumper cup spoiler and front splitter, so will look awesome when i get it. Should be getting it back this sat, fingers crossed!!

Give me a shout mate and ill take you out in it.

the problem is i dunno myself i would obvs keep mine if it was a pure track car.
but i need it for work i drive all over the country so i need something with all the comforss aswell if you look at my previouse threads i was looking at spending a fortune on the car and making it almost a clio race rep but i cant now as my job title has some what changed and i do alot of meetings that i need a decent looking car... i work in the car parts side of things so for me to turn up in a tracked caged ruined piece of work may look good to the people i meet with but i will get bored driving where ever i drive due to lack of comfort etc

very hard decision but i feel the r27 is the only one worth getting if i do. and i dont really care about the price mine may be worth renault offered me 9k on a part x. im looking for mid 8s

i just need low miles and reliabilty

s

sorted mate well if you get it back sat then let us know as im around all weekend no doubt you will be wanting to drive it loads ha.

deff think the r27 is the way to go :smile:

For what your job needs are and the fact you said your getting bored of it along with wanting a comfortable cruiser.

I'd honestly go for a GTI 30th

It'll hold it's value, £500 re-map see great power, full leather, brilliant sound system etc etc etc :lol:

sorted mate well if you get it back sat then let us know as im around all weekend no doubt you will be wanting to drive it loads ha.

deff think the r27 is the way to go :smile:

Dont know if ill get a chance sat as im gettin it from brighton so will prob stay down there for a bit. Later in the week or weekend after will be better so that the engine is run in again.

Similar Thread Suggestions