Recaro Warranty replacement = denied!!

Recaro Warranty replacement = denied!! Please post your claims here

I've been to my local dealer in Cheltenham (Hylton Renault) to check about getting the Recaro driver seat bolster replaced.
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0325.jpg

This was over 6 weeks ago and they never bothered to get back to me, so I got in contact with RUKCS who after 3 days eventually got a reply from the dealers. The dealer claims the seats are worn through wear and tear and its not a manufacturing fault!!
The car is 14months old with 1 previous owner and 13k miles on the car.

I went to another dealer for another opinion and I'm awaiting their call this afternoon on the this. If it comes back that they say the same, what can I do!!!!?????

Last edited:
mine is slightly worse but theyve agreed to replace.. so a different dealer is a good idea. If not Renault UK may help.

Beware tho it seems they may have changed the style of fabric used... (see other threads.)

A guy on the renaultsport forum showed me what he had done (lift up bolster, cover hard plastic with sticky back foam and reassemble) now he has no more wear. - shouldn't have to be doing this tbh tho!!

cheers mitch, I had just read about this, but as you say we shouldn't be having to do this!

get in touch with jeremy on RSUK he seems to sort most problems out and they are aware its a manufacturing fault it was mentioned before about the foam coming away from the plastic thus wearing the fabric

Thats sucks m8, mine wernt even as bad as yours, but they replaced mine. As above just get onto Renault UK they have been really helpful with any problems ive had.

Only thing I had to wait like 2months for the replacement parts to arrive.

I've since had a call from the second dealer I went to and sent him the pics, so I await his response now. I'll wait for his response first, so cheers withoutabix

Guys, please can anyone with photos of wear on your Recaros post a photo in here and put when it it was resolved and where? I'm gathering information together on previous claims to back up my own with RUK. Your help is greatly appreciated :smile:

Guys, please can anyone with photos of wear on your Recaros post a photo in here and put when it it was resolved and where? I'm gathering information together on previous claims to back up my own with RUK. Your help is greatly appreciated :smile:

Mine are looking pretty similar to yours so i will be taking mine in a few days to see what they say. I will let you know. I will get some pics up tomorrow, like you say if we can get enough of them they should have to accept it is a manufacturing fault.

My only concern has been there was another thread about the material being changed!

Mine are looking pretty similar to yours so i will be taking mine in a few days to see what they say. I will let you know. I will get some pics up tomorrow, like you say if we can get enough of them they should have to accept it is a manufacturing fault.

My only concern has been that there was another thread about the material being changed!

yep I've sent David a pm and had a reply saying he would get back to me early next week after speaking to the CS Manager on Monday.

This is now 3 weeks since I took it to the second dealer, Bristol Street Renault in Gloucester. Seems like my local dealers are either damn bloody lazy or really don't want the hassle of changing these seats!

I tried 2 stealers near me because of wear.
I bought the car from a main dealer, 3 months old 1,400m & hole in bolster & base foams split due to previous owner.
David got involved & suddenly my car was in getting sorted at the dealerships that had egnored the issues:smiley:

Defo get David involved - Renault Wolverhampton are doing everything for me now - refurbing my two front alloys and replacing my steering wheel too. This is how it should be though.

My Recaro has been replaced too, but the texture/look of the cover is different; presumably harder wearing... hope so anyway.