Recaro under warranty...

Finally! It's being replaced tomorrow on my Jul 07, 30k R27. The level of wear is simply shocking, so I'm glad they have finally agreed to it.

I'll be asking for a glove box cover, steering wheel and two alloys whilst I'm there too :smile:

Oh and possibly a gear box!

Anyone struggling to get theirs replaced?

Recaro Seat Wear

Hello all,

I would just like to know how successful anybody has been with getting a Recaro seat cover replaced under warranty?

I owned a normal Clio 197 before I finally managed to get my hands on a F1 Team in Liquid Yellow (99/500).

The car was second hand with just over 6K on the clock, but in really good condition, but the drivers Recaro seat was showing signs of wear on the side bolster, which at the time I did express concern about to the salesman, before I decided to go ahead with the sale, but as I really wanted the car, I bought it!

My car is a '57 plate, and since I have been approached by a couple of Clio 197 fans (2 in fact) whilst returning back to my car after shopping expeditions, asking if my Recaro's had any sign of wear on them, I thought I should contact Renault Head Office to possibly get something done under warranty.

My only worry is that I have read that interior warranty is only two years (damn, wish I had of been told about this earlier) is this true? and do I stand any chance?

Last edited:
cheers stumac1985, I have set the ball moving and have to take my car in to the local dealership this Wednesday.. after speaking to Renault UK..

Just got back from the Dealership, they have took a photo to send to Renault UK, and the guy who inspected it said that they have done loads so far and will replace the seat base cover under Warranty.. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I've been to my local dealer and they are refusing to replace it saying its wear and tear but ill post in another thread the details!! Not happy :worried:

I've been to my local dealer and they are refusing to replace it saying its wear and tear but ill post in another thread the details!! Not happy :worried:

well you have evidence on here that cars that are older and with more miles are having theirs changed - so tell them you wish to be fairly treated and want to know why the "not fit for purpose" seat cover is not going to be replaced as there is plenty of evidence that there is an issue and you only want it to be free of manufacturing defect.

stick to your guns and dont let them fob you off - your the customer that is unhappy with the faulty product and expect them to put it right - this is afterall part of your consumer rights !!!

well you have evidence on here that cars that are older and with more miles are having theirs changed - so tell them you wish to be fairly treated and want to know why the "not fit for purpose" seat cover is not going to be replaced as there is plenty of evidence that there is an issue and you only want it to be free of manufacturing defect.

stick to your guns and dont let them fob you off - your the customer that is unhappy with the faulty product and expect them to put it right - this is afterall part of your consumer rights !!!

Trust me, I'm all prepared to have a go guns a blazing if it's not sorted. Print outs from forums with the same problem and them being fixed, and if need be I'll be contacting trading standards, watchdog and the papers!