Recaro subframe and seat lowering.....

Those of you that have seen the Madeno Racing website will know that they offer the expensive service of modifying the standard recaro bucket seat subframes to lower them by 60mm it says on the site.

To be honest im sure im not alone in being interested in having this done but they want like 1100 euros for it and id have to go to europe.........so its a no.

But does anyone have any other information on this? Done it themselves? Know someone or somewhere that can make it happen cheaper in the UK?

Tbh, i would love to have it done.............so let me know if your in the know!!!

I mean its been a while sinse i owned a clio but

are the recaros side mounted if they are then measure and drill lower holes and the seat will sit lower

i never had any issues with the height of mine

what makes you want them lowe r

Did you have to cut part of the sidemount? Can only see the one hole on the one side and 3 on the other, 2 of which look like they were already there yet no holes like this on other side?

the recaros in the clio arnt mounted with side mounts like that thou

True, i got some sat infront of me right now & they're def not side mounted and all the hole drilling in the world wouldn't be able to mod them to sit lower...

Id definitely get a sportster s if i could lower it a bit

I've found with the standard rs seat if you have it sitting upright then it holds you much better, it'll do for now...

ahh i see , sorry guys i did ask if they were side mounted :smile:

never mind .

Good luck.

I have seen the Madeno Racing website too, and think it very intersting.

I swapped normal seats to recaros by myself and come to know that the frames of clio recaro are quite different from recaro sportster's.
I think it is impossible to lower them with clio recaro frames. If they swap the frames to recaro sportster's, it is possible and not so difficult.
If so, 1142 euro is including recaro sportster frames and lowered subframes, and they use original seatrails.

Last edited:
I have seen the Madeno Racing website too, and think it very intersting.

I swapped normal seats to recaros by myself and come to know that the frames of clio recaro are quite different from recaro sportster's.
I think it is impossible to lower them with clio recaro frames. If they swap the frames to recaro sportster's, it is possible and not so difficult.
If so, 1142 euro is including recaro sportster frames and lowered subframes, and they use original seatrails.

Thanks for the info masa! Its just like when you know you would feel just a little bit better......just a little bit lower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first post here, but I thought I'd reply since I was the first to have the Madeno seatframes fitted to my car.

The reason for having this done was that I wanted to retain the factory look of the interior as well as the OEM Recaro's (incl. airbags, tilt and runners), while at the same time I wanted to improve the 'ex works' driving position. I love the car and the looks of the original Recaro's, but thought the Clio's seating position is ridiculous (IMHO of course) with me sitting 'on the car' rather than in it. Although I'm a rather average 6'2", the way I sat prevented any serious track driving because of a lack of feel with the car. All this, while there is at least 3" of space below the seat.

I think the end result is impressive. The interior still looks 100% factory fit, the seats still tilt and the seat runners stil work, as do the airbags. The only thing I lost is the combined tilt/slide function (which I rarely have use for anyway). I sit more than 2" lower (which gives much more feel during track work), the relative position of the steering wheel is better (higher, but less angled) and I have more support under my thighs.

At the same time as the seat mod, Madeno also found a way to move the OEM steering wheel closer (by fitting an adaptor and modified wiring loom) again retaining the OEM look and the airbag and horn functions.

I read some of you may find the modification a tad expensive, but don't forget that this is a custom built modification executed in high quality materials and finish. It involves a lot more than "drilling 4 holes" as some suggested. The factory Recaro's are bottom mounted and lowering them was a lot more complex than I thought. In the end I asked myself what the use was of shelling out EUR 1200 for some great looking and fitting seats,which actually sit worse than the standard seat, because of the way they're mounted in the car.

The car reads and drives "Cup" I want to sit like "Cup" and I can only say it now does!

This is my first post here, but I thought I'd reply since I was the first to have the Madeno seatframes fitted to my car.

The reason for having this done was that I wanted to retain the factory look of the interior as well as the OEM Recaro's (incl. airbags, tilt and runners), while at the same time I wanted to improve the 'ex works' driving position. I love the car and the looks of the original Recaro's, but thought the Clio's seating position is ridiculous (IMHO of course) with me sitting 'on the car' rather than in it. Although I'm a rather average 6'2", the way I sat prevented any serious track driving because of a lack of feel with the car. All this, while there is at least 3" of space below the seat.

I think the end result is impressive. The interior still looks 100% factory fit, the seats still tilt and the seat runners stil work, as do the airbags. The only thing I lost is the combined tilt/slide function (which I rarely have use for anyway). I sit more than 2" lower (which gives much more feel during track work), the relative position of the steering wheel is better (higher, but less angled) and I have more support under my thighs.

At the same time as the seat mod, Madeno also found a way to move the OEM steering wheel closer (by fitting an adaptor and modified wiring loom) again retaining the OEM look and the airbag and horn functions.

I read some of you may find the modification a tad expensive, but don't forget that this is a custom built modification executed in high quality materials and finish. It involves a lot more than "drilling 4 holes" as some suggested. The factory Recaro's are bottom mounted and lowering them was a lot more complex than I thought. In the end I asked myself what the use was of shelling out EUR 1200 for some great looking and fitting seats,which actually sit worse than the standard seat, because of the way they're mounted in the car.

The car reads and drives "Cup" I want to sit like "Cup" and I can only say it now does!

For goodness sake man!!!! SELL ME YOUR SEAT FRAMES!!!!!!

To be honest im sure im not alone in being interested in having this done but they want like 1100 euros for it and id have to go to europe.........so its a no.

Know someone or somewhere that can make it happen cheaper in the UK?

Tbh, i would love to have it done.............so let me know if your in the know!!!
For goodness sake man!!!! SELL ME YOUR SEAT FRAMES!!!!!!

Now you have me confused: I thought it was 'a no', unless cheap, but apparently you want some after all :biggrin:.

But you're right, I really like them!