197: Recaro seats advice :)

Hi there, I'm looking to purchase a 197 with Recaro buckets seats. A few people have said it will be a lot cheaper to buy a car with the Recaro seats already fitted. I'm just wondering which spec Clio comes with the Recaro bucket seats. Many thanks Luke

Hi Luke, the Recaro seats were standard fit in the R27 (F1 Team) 197 model only. Other than that, they were an optional extra, so aside from the R27, there is no specific spec that they came with, i.e. Cup etc.

The Recaros go up for sale used for between £800-£1000+, depending on condition, so it can be costly to retrofit them to a car that doesn't have them. A car that comes with them may well attract a premium over a standard seat-equipped model, but you aren't guaranteed what condition they will come in - some are in a truly dreadful state if the previous owner hasn't been careful with them. So whether it's cheaper or not could be open to debate, but simpler and less hassle; definitely so.

Also, just because a car comes with the Recaros, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a good model overall - you wouldn't want to overlook/turn a blind eye to any 'minus' points just because a car has the seats you like.

So in short, buying the Recaros separately can be an expensive option, however buying a poor car just because it has the Recaros already included could turn out to be more costly in the long run. Take the time to look for the right one, in the spec that is important to you :smile: Hope that helps!

Similar Thread Suggestions