Recaro resistors airbag.

If I'm fitting evo recaros without airbags, am I ok to use the same resistors that capital seating sell to retro fit the RS recaros?

Read a few threads but still not 100% sure, sorry for stupid question

Will

Will you need a resistor as there are not airbags in the evo recaros?

The light will probs come on as the car may sense something has changed (happened to me) so probs best to get the resistors just in case.

As for whether they are ok to use, they should be as they are universal to the majority of recaros and vehicle manufacturers.

Someone may know more than me though, if not double check with the person you are buying them from

The recaros are from an evo 7 and don't have airbags.

Was just wondering if people used these if they put seats into their 197/200 without airbags (pole positions etc)

Cheers will try them, was just double checking as for £30 and if they're wrong :-0

Yer true, quite a bit of money for 2 resistors.

You could always install them and see if the airbag light comes on, if it does install the resistors at a later date.

I made some resistors when fitting my Recaro Pole Positions in

Cost about 15p for both

I think i uses a "blue" resistor and soldered connections on to make a "plug resistor"

I think i still have one somewhere ill check but dont hold your breath

I went to the Renault dealer/service when I fitted some Sparco seats without airbags, and they turned off the seat airbag option from the car's computer :smile: More elegant solution :smile:

I went to the Renault dealer/service when I fitted some Sparco seats without airbags, and they turned off the seat airbag option from the car's computer :smile: More elegant solution :smile:

What did they charge you, i know it will vary from each dealer.

Thanks.

I looked at buying an accident damaged 197 before buying mine were the airbags had gone off, it had been repaired but airbag light was still on.

Anyway i spoke to a company that resets the airbag computers about tricking the computer/ecu into thinking bags were ok and was told to put a 3ohm resistor there and should do the trick.

I have just rung Renault and apparently they can turn it off, but the new seats will need to be compatible with airbags so they can turn it back on without airbag light on....

I explained the resistor and the recaros as optional extras in the megane and Clio come with and without air bags and they said its something we wouldn't do.

Hope your friends not far away from Nottingham lol might have to pay him a visit :-0

I looked at buying an accident damaged 197 before buying mine were the airbags had gone off, it had been repaired but airbag light was still on.

Anyway i spoke to a company that resets the airbag computers about tricking the computer/ecu into thinking bags were ok and was told to put a 3ohm resistor there and should do the trick.

once the bags have fired the airbag ecu must be changed if they are going back on the road

once the bags have fired the airbag ecu must be changed if they are going back on the road

No, the ecu can be reset but then you need either new airbags or the resistors, it would have been a striped out track day car so was looking to do away with bags.