re-mapping

Roy

clio197.net legend
does this need doing?? or is it for cars that have been modded??
besides the kangerroing mine never misses a beat

Hi

I would only re map a NA car when running throttle bodies, lumpy cam shafts or to iron out any flat spot or issues to make sure I had a smooth power curve.

I hope this helps.

it releases those extra torques at low revs on standard engine roy. also might give you 5 -10bhp gain at fly

for everyday driving its a waste of hard earned cash mate.

circa £250 for a generic all the way up to £1000 if uve had lots of work and requires alot of "live mapping"

I've had mine done, all standard except an ITG panel filter.

Massively improved cold start and smoother power delivery. Slight increase in power and torque too.

I think it was worth it, just for improved cold start performance and removal of the flat spot.

I'm intrigued about the K-Tec re-map - anyone looked into/purchased this?

I have Stevo, its a reworked map from RS Tuning in Leeds.
Its the one i'm getting.

I spoke to Paul there and he said he has been experimenting putting a 200 map on a 197 with some tweaks and the the results were a 15bhp increase!

I have Stevo, its a reworked map from RS Tuning in Leeds.
Its the one i'm getting.

I spoke to Paul there and he said he has been experimenting putting a 200 map on a 197 with some tweaks and the the results were a 15bhp increase!

Interesting!! I'll keep an eye on the website

ktec is in devon isnt it? yeah it should be a decent live map. there rollers are new so shud be accurate aswell.

fair play to you mate. if you make the trip be sure to get it all done at once :smile:

ha ha love it. i dont think ill be visiting them thgh not the prices they charge