RB Clio Megane Conversion

when it comes to cars,we men dont know the limits..love it..hope it all goes well mate
[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] Cheers, really love this wee car so i guess now is a perfect opportunity to bullet proof it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thats the engine stripped down:
-All 16 valves damaged/bent
-Cam pulley bent
-Cam lobes scored
-4 cam followers scored and 1 broken
bcd8d7f7a53d212ea20d220dcda7f7a1.jpg
c483bc22f1d7723559ea823c7fef5fd5.jpg
61ba320061e59e41eadf3fbbcb829736.jpg
Little bit nasty! As stated before im going for a level 2 package from Engine Dynamics which includes forged rods, pistons, new gaskets etc but ill have to get valves separate, probably inconel. Andy is throwing in a cam pulley and cam followers for free which softens the blow slightly lol. [emoji26][emoji26]

bloody hell..and that was just one small stone??
[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] it was tiny, my bet is that it had been there for a while and took a bit of time to break through the belt. Ive got a photo somewhere of the stone in the pulley, Brian took one when he inspected the car, ill try dig it out.

Bad luck that, are you using another head? I'd want the valve guides replacing and the valve seats re-cut. You are in good hands with engine dynamics though

Bad luck that, are you using another head? I'd want the valve guides replacing and the valve seats re-cut. You are in good hands with engine dynamics though

No using the same head, Andy reckoned it would be okay but the valve seats have been re cut. Should get the engine back this week!

Getting closer to being finished, thats the engine built and back in Scotland.
cb231bdb8a386c0a30c44b8cd4d9b8c0.jpg
Gearbox has been refurbed with the Quaife ATB fitted and my 250 turbo arrived on Friday.

bfec2d0013d138b9fb3017efab4205b4.jpg
Still need to buy a clutch and i injectors.
Never went mental regarding size of the turbo as im still yet to figure out what im doing with the fuel system, so would rather get the engine run in first and in that time i will have hopefully come to a conclusion. Was thinking of running a Walbro 255 and adding a return with an rail reg but im quite out of my depth with fuel systems to any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:
[MENTION=53714]FinlayMiller[/MENTION] good stuff, when you getting it back? I'll see it on Wednesday when I drop mine off with Brian

Not updated this in a while as ive just been enjoying the car and sorting out a few wee teething problems. Thats the engine all run in and running sweet! Had an issue with it going in to limp mode once it was warmed up and left to idle for a couple minutes or driving hard. Turned out to be the N75 valve which is an easy fix! Now that its running we'll i'll be booking it into RS Tuning when my funds have recovered a bit and having a set of 630cc injectors put on along with a custom map. Not sure what power to expect but it certainly wont make the engine sweat for the spec its built too!
Updated Spec list:

Engine and gearbox:
-Megane 225 engine fully rebuilt with forged pistons and rods
-MTC intake with Ram air cone
-197 Header tank
-Custom intercooler piping with ebay intercooler
-197 radiator
-Megane 250 Turbo
-Miltek downpiped and full system
-Reconditioned Megane 225 Box with a Quafie LSD

Suspension and brakes:
-Spax RSX coilovers
-Polybushed rear
-MTEC disks and Brembo pads
-HEL braided lines

Exterior:
-Autec Wizard wheels
-Renaultsport splitter
-Acrylic wiper delete
-Painted front grills
IMG_3773.JPG IMG_3770.JPG
IMG_3771.JPG

Reactions: Sean197 and DS197
great stuff..what power are you running atm??
where did you have your engine rebuilt pls/?

@Pav 270ish, engine dynamics and I believe the fully forged rebuild is 3 grand!

@FinlayMiller love that first pic, I really need shorter rear springs. Have to meet up soon for some pics and a wee hoon around Fife; )

@Pav Yeah lot of pennies, worth it to me though for piece of mind! As sean said its about 270 the now hoping for around the 300 mark once its had its map and larger injectors!

@Sean197 Cheers man, i doubt it would get over that speedbump at the bottom of your street with shorter springs haha! ive lowered it a fair bit since i was last up lol. Oh definitely, should get her back this week!

Good to hear you're enjoying the car and you've ironed out the niggling stuff! It looks fantastic with those wheels, I really like them!