rant

well i dont know where to start ive had nothing but problems with my 197 f1 since i brought it. now i have serious play on my steering and its quite dangerous if im to be honest! plus my box is shagged... i brought the car from Stratstone Honda Bedford who are to be fair have utterly **** customer service.

Heres the story.
3 months ago i rang up honda, hey my gearbox is crunching into gear, 'no problem sir bring it down so a mechanic can test drive it' so thats what i did. Mechanic confirmed what i said and i got told they would be in touch.3 weeks later of ringing every other day i get passed around and told ill get call backs and get nothing, so i decided i had enough and went into honda. Here is what i was told : We want to strip your gearbox to see if anything is broken, and if we then deem it to not be under warranty then it will cost you 1500 for us to put it back together.

i told them politely to f off and threatened them with some stern sentances. they are now going to change the box for free! great!

rant 2 : their £110 an hour mechanic told me i 100% needed a new wishbone so i thought sod paying them to fit it, i will do it so i ordered a wishbone. upon going to fit the wishbone today, i have found out the wishbone is completely fine and its infact this balljoint which is shagged, which to me looks like a rights pigs ass to fix and im clueless as to where im going to get the part.

(the red balljoint in the picture)
ford_revoknucklesuspension.jpg

now im at the verge of just telling them to take the car back! any ideas what part i would need to fix this problem as i dont want a Main Stealer to rape me.

thanks for listening lol...

Dan

Grin and bear mate clio is an awesome car!!! sorry to hear about your problems, and my knowledge is limited tbh so may be talking out my arse here! gearbox common mine failed to, so i replaced with meg 225 conversion inclduing meg gear box... lol, but i think the mickey mouse mechanic who changed your box up on removing your driveshafts for box change has ****ed the ball joint, kick up a fuss and tell them you want them to sort it! it aint a big job mate get them to do it for freee! lol :smile:

I would assume talking to Karl would be your best bet to buy what you need.

Is that the lower arm ball joint?

Dont worry about liking me to this ive found it :wink:

Right on the lower arm side theres nothing you can do as you went off your own back so you would need to swallow that cost yourself. Where if the Honda place was to have changed it you could say no im not paying for the part that you have fitted that is wrong as they diagnosed it.

I think i know what part you need its the hub carrier that has a ball joint built into it. There off the top of my head about £150ish so not the cheapest but its a far chunk.

Feel free to drop me a email and i can always send you a parts diagram.

karl.robertson@smcrenault.co.uk

To warn you i go on holiday on saturday for a week so if we dont have it all sorted by then you would need to wait till im back off holiday on the 13th.

Karl
01483 301009

Dont worry about liking me to this ive found it :wink:

Right on the lower arm side theres nothing you can do as you went off your own back so you would need to swallow that cost yourself. Where if the Honda place was to have changed it you could say no im not paying for the part that you have fitted that is wrong as they diagnosed it.

I think i know what part you need its the hub carrier that has a ball joint built into it. There off the top of my head about £150ish so not the cheapest but its a far chunk.

Feel free to drop me a email and i can always send you a parts diagram.

karl.robertson@smcrenault.co.uk

To warn you i go on holiday on saturday for a week so if we dont have it all sorted by then you would need to wait till im back off holiday on the 13th.

Karl
01483 301009

My Hero.Off on holidays again.I must get a job at Renault.:smile:

Wasn't this the same part that MarkCup replaced on both sides for his kerb riding!?

Maybe have a search through his posts for some info.