Rally GB

ok I was thinking I might take me eleven year old son to rally GB.
Anyone been and can advise if much to see or worth doing? Can you do more than watch cars fly past at a ton?

Been to few Rally GBs. Downsides are the time of year the rally is on as its not the best for weather. As this is a pay to view event you are crowded into 'spectator areas' which are not always the best for viewing. There is a lot of walking to get to stages and plenty of time hanging about, as you can't get to every stage you wait at the same spot for the stage to repeat itself at a later time during the day. You see the cars for seconds at a time and you will be lucky to see them doing a ton. Good points are you can hear them before you see them and the noise is amazing. Loeb driving the Xsara WRC was the first car I witnessed in action and will never forget it. Also driving to and from stages you sometimes see the rally cars on the road which is cool. The service park is good for watching them work on the cars and you can get to see them up closer. Not sure about your son but when I have taken my son to Motorsport events he got bored after a few passes of the cars/bikes as its repetitive. Watching the WRC on TV the atmosphere at other events seems better.

Reactions: Siliconsteve
Is a eleven year old going to get bored? He's a petrol head too but worried he will be bored inbetween as Locke says
Steve maybe your son will love it, I'm only speaking from my experience with my son. At the start of a race he loves its all the noise and speed, 8 laps later you can see the excitement disappear until someone has an off etc. Just be prepared for the weather as Wales can be miserable at that time of year.

Steve maybe your son will love it, I'm only speaking from my experience with my son. At the start of a race he loves its all the noise and speed, 8 laps later you can see the excitement disappear until someone has an off etc. Just be prepared for the weather as Wales can be miserable at that time of year.
I appreciate your opinion, that's what I'm after. I'm 50/50!

Similar Thread Suggestions