Radiosat bluetooth update

fano45

Paid Member
Hi guys

i have a 20th edition (200cup) with Tom Tom satnav.
ive been doing some reading regarding the bluetooth connectivity issues and it seems common place.
my current bluetooth version is 88.11 and the renault pdf makes mention of a version 91.12

http://www.renault.co.uk/media/PDF/...tibility-with-Carminat-Bluetooth-RadioSat.pdf

Question is does anyone have this firmware version? and a means of updating it. or is it a dealer only function

i have updated the tunepoint as per the below link to version 2.42 but this has no connection to the bluetooth version.

http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservi...andise/multimedia/multi-functional-tunepoint/

Regards

Subscribed to the thread, I have a free weekend so will give this a go with the file [MENTION=38628]TB Rich[/MENTION] found - Keep the updates and progress coming though!

btw i dont have a bluetooth unit so havent performed this update

(just caveating in case loads of you end up with bricked headunits!!) :smiley:

No worries... It can't be any worse than it is now! I've only ever held off not getting an aftermarket headunit for wanting to save the bluetooth functionality.

so i tried this method. thanks for the link TB.
thereafter i dont know what to do. as the pc isnt linked to the car in anyway. and using a flash drive with the file on it doesnt bring up any update options on the tomtom.

Quick update: It's been a little inconclusive! I could get the bluetooth connected and the wizard started, however the connection seemed to time out and disconnected before anything could update.

The good news is that I didn't brick the head unit at least! Maybe others will have better luck, I have a feeling there's quite a bit of sensitively around the bluetooth versions and drivers on my laptop.

i found a site that explains how to format your cache partition on your phone, (switch the phone off, hold the power, home screen and volume up button together) this puts the phone into recovery mode. Using your volume buttons to scroll down to the "clear cache partition" tab and press the power botton, also if you have special characters in your device name remove it.

So far the phone connects to the car and keeps the connection i also use the "bluetooth auto connect app" which helps alot if and when the BT disconnects.

Yep no problems there. it did disconnect this morning but then reconnected immediately and stayed connected while i was using the radio and usb.