Race car geometry settings

PAUL JA

Paid Member
Hi

Does anyone have details of the geometry settings that the clio cup race cars use?

Thanks

Last edited:
Mark Fish, will be your man Paul. I think a diff in will help and more rear camber and rear toe and some more caster in the front, more caster will help the car out of the corners and a diff will help it in.

That's not a lot of Caster, it is still in manufactures spec, 8-10 deg will help it out the corners a lot quicker, 2 deg camber is fine, camber is only there to keep the tyres wearing even, caster will get you in and out the the corner. Personally 1.5 deg all round a bit more rear toe, but this will effect the speed, but keep the car more stable. So instead of winding in the camber on the top mounts, slide them back for more caster and run 1.5 camber.

Ian - are you suggesting I take a file to the top mount fixings and slot the holes rear wards?

the powerflex caster bush only adds 0.6 deg's of caster !

Is there any other way?

What setup info off the cup racers are you looking for? The manual offers a basic starting point setup but its pretty pony. Teams have spent years getting the settings right. Let me know what you want to know and I will try help. One of the key things we’ve found with the cup racers we run is getting the ride heights especially the rake correct has a much bigger influence than the previous clio’s we used to run.

Thanks
James

Hi - thanks for the offer of assistance

We are looking for info regarding

Front / rear camber
Front / rear toe
Front caster
Rake

Hopefully this will give us a good insight into settings racers use

note - the settings we have now are in post 3 above (apart from rake)

Thanks again

Paul

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the cup racers achieve camber on the rears? Do they use shims as well? The reason I ask is I would've thought using shims puts those bolts in a bit of bending. Having said that I'm not 100% of the installation process.

Cheers

That's not a lot of Caster, it is still in manufactures spec, 8-10 deg will help it out the corners a lot quicker, 2 deg camber is fine, camber is only there to keep the tyres wearing even, caster will get you in and out the the corner. Personally 1.5 deg all round a bit more rear toe, but this will effect the speed, but keep the car more stable. So instead of winding in the camber on the top mounts, slide them back for more caster and run 1.5 camber.

Don't know a lot about Clio geometry settings butbhave been racing cars for a good few years and your advice above is not even close to realistic. 10 deg of castor is ridiculous as is 1.5 deg of rear toe. Camber does a lot more than keep tyre wear even.