R27 Water marks!! What the ???

Just notice water marks all over my F1 stickers can't wash them off........I did have the car Gard X done a couple of months ago could this be the cause of the problem, anyone know of this happening before and more importantly how to clean them up?

Attachments

• F1 stickers 002.jpg
    F1 stickers 002.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 79
  • F1 stickers 003.jpg
    F1 stickers 003.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 47
Polish off, ahh right that easy? Started freaking out this morning thinking that something was running causing the water marks. Cheers pal!!

Only ever happens occasionally for me - normally when air pollution is heavy. I use Lime Prime on them when they go dodgy brings them up a treat. Cant recommend that stuff enough...

I've got this on ours at the mo, gotta get rid of it this weekend. Normally I wipe them with a quick wax when I wash the car but vie have been a little lax on the cleaning front the last couple of months

Yeah mine are really bad at the mo almost white ! Seems to be oil etc from air pollution getting stuck on them

u know thats the chlorine in the water right? do u notice after u wash it u get these or just rain?

nah thats a wax primer not really good for these. ive heard u can get the stickers rplaced under warranty with these water marks?

Soz late reply Gard X protection was something the garage offered me when I bought the car, it's meant to be a extra layer of protection for the paint work, cost me around £125 the car seems to polish up easier, they reckon 8 years protection....undecided if it was worth the money. I ended up cleaning the stickers with a brillo pad (was careful not to hit the paint work). My warranty runs out in September so might get my ass down the garage if you think these might be covered by the warranty, thanks for the heads up Woody!!

Last edited:
I've been getting these alot lately due to heavy rain. I noticed the sun had cured one side after it was parked up so I took a hairdrier to the rest and the marks dissappear quite quickly. It seems like moisture trapped within the plastic

Similar Thread Suggestions