R27 number

Sorry to hear about this mate, The difference between a cup and 197 ff {full fat} is
The cup has the standard interior, plastic dash etc. See below {ignore carbon strips i done that}
js800__MG_8017.gif
Cup chassis comes as standard
AC is an optional extra
Should say cup on the door pillar {early cup's did'nt have this i beleive}
Standard headlights only available

that carbon detailing looks gr8 :thumbup: might give that a go myself at some point!

shame on the garage flaimin' rats i hope they come clean but i very much doubt it for that you would expect then to have a concience.
not sure what the book price/difference is, i doubt if it's any more than 500 more for a F1 can anyone advise. then at least Chris has an idea how much he's been diddled

one consolation of liquid yellow is you know what your getting.

shame on the garage flaimin' rats i hope they come clean but i very much doubt it for that you would expect then to have a concience.
not sure what the book price/difference is, i doubt if it's any more than 500 more for a F1 can anyone advise. then at least Chris has an idea how much he's been diddled

one consolation of liquid yellow is you know what your getting.

what gets me the most is that i thought i had a r27 so I knew what spec my car was. Now I have no idea. do i have cup suspension etc?? how do I know? any advice??

If you can post some pics of your car (in and out) we will tell you what spec you have.

Or if your not sure how email me the pics and I'll post them or just tell you the spec.
jase@clio197.net

that would be great! would set my mind at ease. il get out tomorrow and get some decent shots and email them to you. anything you could tell me would be really appreciated. specially if you could tell me about the suspension. really hoping iv got the cup set up!

iv been reading as much as i can find trying to work it out for myself but advice from an expert like yourself :smile: will help alot

thanks everyone for your help and support! :thumbup:

Chances are that you have cup suspension.
Part of the cup pack was anthracite wheels and the red brembo's which you appear to have.
Are your brembo's smooth red or do they have brush marks in them where it looks like they may have been painted.? Also do they have black writing. Does it look like a sticker or like it's printed.?

Chances are that you have cup suspension.
Part of the cup pack was anthracite wheels and the red brembo's which you appear to have.
Are your brembo's smooth red or do they have brush marks in them where it looks like they may have been painted.? Also do they have black writing. Does it look like a sticker or like it's printed.?

Im fairly certain their red from the factory, no obvious paint marks. Also the brembo is in black, and not a white sticker which I have seen in a few threads

As has been said already it seems you have a Full Fat 197 with all of the options and the cup pack which is still a dam good car but, if its not what you were sold then I can understand some disappointment.

Have you called the dealer about all of this yet as it has been going on a few days and I would recommend contacting them soon as possible.

as much of u suspected my 197 is a full fat 197 with the cup pack! the manager of the dealer was very apologetic and said he would be in touch. The young lad that sold me the car is away on holiday so he has to speak to him first.

I was actually surprised how well it went, i think it may have even been a genuine mistake...but i will wait and see what I get as compensation!

Il keep u all informed and cheers for the help :thumbup:

Couple of free services would do as compo.
Costs them nothing but saves you hundreds.

Couple of free services would do as compo.
Costs them nothing but saves you hundreds.

unfortunately...a free service in my experience is code for 'park it in the workshop car park for a day'....I would be looking for cash compensation or some new tyres perhaps.....you've been mis-sold and the potential fine from Trading Standards could be alot more!

Similar Thread Suggestions