R27 #15 - lowered

Over the weekend, as part of a birthday present for me, I had my car lowered on H&R springs, something which I've been meaning to do for a while.

After having detailed 6 cars in the last week, mine was looking rather sorry for itself, so I have it a quick clean with Dodo BTBM, then topped it with something new to me - Rainforest Rub. I must say that it was a pleasure to use, and left a superb wet look to the paint. I can't believe I hadn't tried it sooner!

Some pics:

3897665033_e04e635431.jpg

3898444256_a95e8661d8.jpg

3898436426_af26df7c5c.jpg

3897647975_bbcabe8b80.jpg

Also, I finally got around to trying a black wheel on my car... what do you think? I'm still not sure...

3897643821_7da532547f.jpg

Spoiler next... then Bilstein shocks :driver:

Cheers,
Russ.

Lovely buddy! Looks nice n clean, good ride height as well.

Not a fan of the black tbh, i think amhasite looks much smarter in contrast with the bodywork!

Looks great. I have to say that I like the black wheels, if you change your mind and want to sell them, let me know. As for the Rainforest Rub, it is great I started out with that but switched to the Blue Velvet.

Thanks for the comments folks :smile:

Jase, which wheel spacers do you have on yours? The stance was perfect at Trax.

It's a fair bit firmer tbh, I think coupled with the Cup chassis etc, it can be a bit bumpy.

I didn't like me hitting a speed bump at 40 last night... after getting the tracking done! lol.

I'd definitely recommend them though - the handling is MUCH better.

Looking good! Hard to tell with the black wheel as it's just one wheel... Looks quite good tho.

As said in a previous post any chance of before after pics?

Really want to get my car stance sorted out, just don't know if I should save for coilovers or get springs?

Looking good! Hard to tell with the black wheel as it's just one wheel... Looks quite good tho.

As said in a previous post any chance of before after pics?

Really want to get my car stance sorted out, just don't know if I should save for coilovers or get springs?

spacers and springs, cheaper solution. Spacers make a huge difference to the look aswell.

looking great, am thinking of getting my wheels black myself, but was thinking of the matt black as on the speedlines, anyway,

bilstein does have shocks for the 197 now ????