R26r

Woah there horsie, if you are keeping the 250 and wanting a nice track toy my first post still stands....and there are better options to get a mental motor with the money youve set aside than an r26r

....in reality, I wouldn't ever buy a Kitten with a motorbike engine....might be a lot of fun but I would hardly ever use it....the R26R is best of all worlds, exclusive, rare, fun and can be used daily if needs be....anyway, the subject of this thread looks like it will be sold today just before I can get my hands on it. I want an unmolested car as the factory intended and they will be very rare by now...shame! Anyway, this car is also out there.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...aultsport-megane/renault-megane-r26-r/1324219

it is messed with but looks ok. Is there any advice in respect of the upgrades on thsi car? Whay are floating discs...is the KTR exhaust (not currently on the car) something that I should put back on. I am assuming this guy didn't get the Ti system as an option...any help welcome

coincidentally I saw this car being prepped the other day. looked very nice indeed. just had some very minor marks on the front bumper which were due to be sorted but otherwise looked mint.

overpriced though, as are all their vehicles!

impressive set up and they do track and race prep a lot of (mainly evo) cars by the looks of things.

...I've noticed that the R26R sticker is abscent from the front bumper....you saw the car, and mention the marks. Do you think this is a sign of front end shunt/damage I should be concerned about? (car is still for sale amazingly!!)

...I've noticed that the R26R sticker is abscent from the front bumper....you saw the car, and mention the marks. Do you think this is a sign of front end shunt/damage I should be concerned about? (car is still for sale amazingly!!)

I don't think so. The marks were very minor and the guy who was showing us round actually pointed them out to me. He did mention the missing R26R sticker saying that the owner preferred it without IIRC. He also said all the vehicles are checked carefully for any accident / impact damage whilst they are sourcing them.

Of course I've not inspected the car closely so can only go off what I saw and was told. They were prepping the car and I took an interest so was given some info on it.

...well after all that I have come to my senses and decided not to go for the R26r....desirable that it is, the reality of owning a track beast has sunk in.....car I have at the moment ticks all the boxes in terms of comfort, toys and power....R26r would be a hoot to drive and I would be totally in my element, but I would just end up using it like a daily runner and its not meant for that.....I became irrational, to the point of obsession to try and get the R26r so much so I got very stressed indeed!! I have dissapointed a guy who had agreed to buy my 250 and i feel bad.....but decision now made and I will be keeping the Meg250....maybe with a few tweeks over the next couple of months!! Sorry everyone!

Good decision IMO

Harnesses are no good for daily drivers, I get p'd off with mine at trackdays as they're just a hassle to put on lol

You'd end up sick of the car in no time

Thats alright then becuase i was getting stressed that i couldnt find the money to even consider buying your 250 haha

You've obviously made the right decision for you.....

But.... There's always a but :smile:

But the R26r is an owenership experience I'm sure most would give their right testicle to have. Even if after 6 months you decided it wasn't the perfect car for your requirements you could prob sell it for what you paid for it and return to a 250.

Just once in a while we should throw all rational thoughts away and follow the heart..

As fortune cookie say

'Its better to regret the things you did than regret the things you didnt'

(thats my words of wisdom done for another year)

Ashton, Fernandez....I here what you say. It wasn't an easy decision and I lost a full nights sleep because of it!! I did factor in that I actually realy like my current car....it is so well kitted out that it is probably unique so I would have regretted moving on....Ryan, I will be taking the (slightly) modding route and fitting a decent exhaust and re-map just to keep me happy...may post another thread for guidance on this as I have no idea what I will be doing....

the 250 does need a bit of a lairy exhaust

what options do you have exhaust wise?

Ashton....none! I have posted for some advise on this...Scorpion or Ktec....I realy have no idea!! PS...I like the Union Jack on your intake!