R26 anthracite 18s are on!!!

yeah, couldnt wait to put them on, and worried I was of the car looking too high on the standard suspension, but it really doesnt! surely would look better lowered, but as its my only car atm I cant afford being shaken to death with a stiffer suspension, anyway below are the pics, the tyres are Michelin PS CUP - 225 40 18, its a super stiff sidewall tire as its a semi slick, a R888 equivalent, but not as good in the wet, although I didnt have a chance to get them warm really, anyway, I find the sidewall much stiffer than that on the R888, and an awesome tread pattern as well :smile:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

comments welcome, more pics tomorrow,

oh and here's how they arrived,

web.jpg

web.jpg

it looks a little worn but it isnt, it is almost new, still visible are the marks on the tread from the moulding, it has a 6/32" tread depth as a new tire...

web.jpg

web.jpg

Looks good,

I've read on here that the Eibach springs are not really any harsher than standard set-up and there a better match to the cup chassis (opposed to the H&R) if your really wanting to lower it a tad without too much compromise.

I've got them on my with eibach springs and it looks wicked, managed to pick up another set for a ton so getting one set powder coated black and the other r26r red, should look good I think.

Very very nice mate! Like you say its not out of proportion at all! Those tyres look immense too...

the tires are road legal, just like the r888's are, but they are too much tbh :smile: not for everyday driving at all, you can hear them being very loud even at low speeds, 25-35 mph, the faster the worse it gets, so it is a track only tire for me, I wouldnt run on them everyday even if I could afford it, going to swap them for a new set of RE050A's or Dunlops, michelin PE2 or PS, or something of the same quality, but road use is what I want,
The sidewall of the PSCUP tire is so stiff that you can feel every little inperfection of the surface, and I am not talking about bumps, I hope standard road tires will perform better also the grip is just unbelievable, would love to give them a beating on a circuit, but no events are scheduled in near future, so I guess they'll be sold by the time an event worth going to comes up

the tires are road legal, just like the r888's are, but they are too much tbh :smile: not for everyday driving at all, you can hear them being very loud even at low speeds, 25-35 mph, the faster the worse it gets, so it is a track only tire for me, I wouldnt run on them everyday even if I could afford it, going to swap them for a new set of RE050A's or Dunlops, michelin PE2 or PS, or something of the same quality, but road use is what I want,
The sidewall of the PSCUP tire is so stiff that you can feel every little inperfection of the surface, and I am not talking about bumps, I hope standard road tires will perform better also the grip is just unbelievable, would love to give them a beating on a circuit, but no events are scheduled in near future, so I guess they'll be sold by the time an event worth going to comes up

How much would you want for the Tyres mate as I'm after a set for my other track wheels? Cheers.

I am located in Poland, so only problem is how much would the transport cost, I'm asking 300 pounds (which I think is cheap ) + delivery, where 2 tyres in as new condition, two are a little worn, and one of the worn ones had a nail in it and is fixed.

I am located in Poland, so only problem is how much would the transport cost, I'm asking 300 pounds (which I think is cheap ) + delivery, where 2 tyres in as new condition, two are a little worn, and one of the worn ones had a nail in it and is fixed.

That's probably a bit to much for me mate, looks good though, get some springs on there and it will finish it off a treat. Cheers.