R.s. 16

Super Clio @ Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend, anyone going to get some photos and have a butchers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Goodwood Festival of Speed is awesome! Haven't been for many years but want to get back there!

Will be jealous you get to see and hear this new Clio roar!

Been today and went to the Renault stand and it wasn't there [emoji22]. Not sure if they're bringing it in tomorrow or what

So the RS 16 evaded me all day! Saw it on the hill once but didn't manage to get any good pictures. Had a good climb around a trophy though.

I did manage to pin one of the Renault guys down with the intention of getting any gossip out of him. Not much on the Clio front, in fact he couldn't tell me anything, but he did tell me a few things about the upcoming Megane RS. If what he said is true, it will have rear wheel steer (think the gt has this) active camber! and in testing went round the ring 2 seconds faster than it's competitors! Assuming the 4wd rumours are false that puts it up against the Civic Type R and Golf GTI Clubsport S. 7:50 and 7:49 for those so maybe a 7:47... that's 7 seconds quicker than the 275 Trophy R.

On the down side late 2017/2018 is the suggested release date.

Was an awesome day out, and as a bonus i got to spend a couple of hours driving my boss's 730bhp RS6 home... I could have him in the twisties.

Great stuff, nice little scoop on the new Meg! Shame there was nothing he could give you on the Clio though... I've seen a few good shots of the RS.16 on Insta, it looks and sounds nice!

I feel the Clio RS16 is just a bit if distraction on the forthcoming RS products, firstly the Megane. If history repeats itself like me we expect the MK4 RS Megane will be at the top of the pile in its segment. Better in almost every way than a Type R, more sophisticated than a Focus RS, not difficult. And will show the VAG boys up to be the almost ran's that they are.

I feel the Clio RS16 is just a bit if distraction on the forthcoming RS products, firstly the Megane. If history repeats itself like me we expect the MK4 RS Megane will be at the top of the pile in its segment. Better in almost every way than a Type R, more sophisticated than a Focus RS, not difficult. And will show the VAG boys up to be the almost ran's that they are.

Yes let's hope the mk4 Meg is as good in relative terms to how good the mk2 and mk3 were!!

Renault Sport posted a video of the exhaust sound on Twitter earlier, saying 'the new Clio R.S. is coming with Akropovic'. Hopeful of it going into production off the back of that...? Also makes me hopeful of an Akrapovic exhaust being available for the mk4 Clio soon seeing as they've already developed something, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. The exhaust on the R.S.16 is a little different to standard so not sure how much of an easy transfer it would be for Akrapovic, or if the market is even really there.

Renault Sport posted a video of the exhaust sound on Twitter earlier, saying 'the new Clio R.S. is coming with Akropovic'. Hopeful of it going into production off the back of that...? Also makes me hopeful of an Akrapovic exhaust being available for the mk4 Clio soon seeing as they've already developed something, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking. The exhaust on the R.S.16 is a little different to standard so not sure how much of an easy transfer it would be for Akrapovic, or if the market is even really there.

Cant see see akra being made for the mk4 Clio... I did read somewhere that they are not going to do one.

dont forget it's a different system as it's coming off a completely different engine/exhaust setup, can imagine the routing to the rear will be the only thing the same.