R/B 19/05 Nurburgring prep !

For the weekend anyway lol

Good old Renault courtesy cars

59 plate diesel 2k miles
it's bloody huge inside and out
slow as hell though

ac873419.jpg

still can't fault it for nothing ... It's better to putthe 2& 1/2 hr drive from Norfolk to brum in miles on theirs and all

To summerise

Big up the modus massive ;-)

I cant agree with the Modus - I had one as a courtesy car too. Went to the gym and my best mate nearly died laughing at it! The way it flops about is just scary! Its like a bus, and a double decker at that! Mine wobbled so badly, my mate shook it by the roof and it was goin for ages!

Ohh god maybe I was not clear I hate it lol it's just funny it is embarising to drive your right . Always amazes me though how they give new cars out knowing there gonna be ****ed in 6 months time wonder why they don't get used ones ?

Lol its just you said you cant fault it and I thought you were quite enjoying it haha :001_rolleyes: Guess you wont be trading in for one out of practicality then hey mate! :smiley:

Mine was a used one actually, it was another 07 plate and the difference between them was unbelievable!

All hail BenR1
This true hero came to my rescue and sent me these to borrow
It's a long story but I took the spoiler to the bodyshop to have it painted and then went to pick it up they had filled in the holes where the spoiler end plates fit !!! So they need the end plates to find out where the holes are and re tapthem . Ball ache .... So couldent afford the ktech carbon ones I don't really want tonpay 70 for them + delivery so ben agreed to borrow me these until I either buy some or find some cheap carbon ones
d264e081.jpg
d94bc7cd.jpg
ed54ff9c.jpg

once again cheers ben . Should be getting spoiler fitted next week . Brilliant .

car looks mint, best colour also ;-)

you have done quite alot in pretty short time! keep the progress coming!

i am gonna try not to spend on mine now, lol

Right then not updated in a while so thought id let yall know whats going on

It's now decided i will be going to the ring in June 2010 so i have started to get things ship shape for then

1. modded throttle body ordered , larger and smoother inside for better throttle response waiting on delivery

2. cup spoiler has been painted and is ready to fit

3. cup spoiler ends found brough and paid for waiting on there arrival

4. toyo R888 brought GG compund again waiting on delivery

5. torx bit aquired to remove front seats so i can fit the cage should be doing this this weekend . fingers crossed just waiting conformation on how to fit it .

was hoping to be able to get a yozzasport system and a remap before the ring but i have hurd that andrew (my yozza) is in auz and he is out of stock of the 197 systems :001_rolleyes: so will have to wait till he returns .

So thats it. Thats where im at at the moment will update with pictures when all the stuff arrives .

ps ben this means i can return your end plates when mine arrive thanks for the short term loan ill be sure to enclose some monies for the hastle

No sorry did not explain very well .

I have ordered 888's for track days etc etc but not for the ring im not sure what tyres to get i need one new one before i go but not sure if to replace both fronts .

That would mean an unmatching front and rear though !!

Any ideas ?? anyone

You'll get to the ring and back easily on a set of R888's !

Yokohama A048's last a bit longer than them if you haven't already bought your R888's :wink:

Ive already got the R888's and to be fair i was sure they would be cool there and back although thats alot of dollar for a trip there and back .

Ideally i need a tyre or two for the front to give good grip at a good price ???

Stick with the Conti's then.

imo the Ring is not a place you go try out something different tyre wise. I'm sure you know what the car feels like on/near the limit with Conti's,another tyre may feel different and let go differently.

Something to think about.

yeh deffo my issue is i have the verdistiens on all four corners at the moment and the left fron is worn almost out so what do i do buy another of the same make or say get a toyo tr1 and buy two

but then id have toyo front verdistiens rear !!

ps i have no idea how to spell verdistien

Stick with what you have and what your used to.

The characteristics of the car might change drastically with another tyre meaning your learning the car again which isn't what your there for.

Ok cool . cheers mate .

I may change for some track wheels and tyres (toyo) hey neil lol