R/B 19/05 Nurburgring prep !

Cg lock is the next best thing to a harness on track I would run harnesses but don't have recaros :-( (yet)!

Thanks for the comments guys can't wait to go get it from the garage .

Right . What a day coilovers are on ! This is just a quick update as I am knackered .

These took a little while longer than I thought to fit and set up but we got there in the end .
Two pics more to follow in better quality
f1073665.jpg
48532297.jpg

I have to honest on this when they were fitted I went out and instantly it felt less "crashier" much smoother and I mean much smoother.

On just going down the road apart from what I said above I could not tell that much diffrent . However get on the b road drop the hammer down and ohh my god.

The diffrence is truly biblical it's amazing . I know it's not been a day since they have been on the car but I can say if you have a 197 and want it to be 100% better buy some kw v3's . I am truly amazed . More pics and another report to follow.....

Great results mate! Still such a good bargain those coilovers! I wish I had gone for them :'( Ah well you will have to put them to good use....

Well you know where the best place in the world to test them out is... :wink::wink:

Looks really really nice mate!! Well done!!!

Right I've done it why the he'll not .... I've got me a cage

2a1f0dd3.jpg

going to be amazing ! And the beat thing is it's already painted in racing blue ! Have to say a big thank you to c197mojo for being a man of his word and letting me know when he was selling it even if it was about 6 months earlie lol thanks mate .

Will be getting collected from him tomorow and be with me for Tuesday ! Will update when she arrives

ohh and a little update the coilovers are fantastic , truly amazing the diffrence they make . If your out there right now wanting more from your 197 get some v3's I urge you lol

Also I know the picture quality is poo as they are all iPhone pics but I WILL update soon with a proper pic of the car from all angles . Scary my first post from a pc and I have over 300 posts hhahaha

Please let me know what you think if you view comment

Laters guys

Carpet Mate just need to find some that matches the rest . Want to keep it looking as factory as possible . Might do the whole carpets up sound deadening out capers back in thing ? If it's worth it ?

Being a bolt in cage I may just fit it for track days !! As it does not take long to fit

Can you get tin the car without taking out a seat ?

With mine I know you need to take out the passenger seat but mine is a different cage.

I'd take out all the sound deadening/tar under the carpets. If your doing that your swell taking off the doorcards and taking it out from there too then putting them back on.

Don't know about fitting it mate Even if you do I mean the front seat is only four bolts I normally get the day before a track day off anyway . But truth be told I'll probally just keep it in all the time I've already called my Insurers and it's covered to be in whenever I want it in. Is the s deadening out of urs ? Can u tell a big diff noise wise I don't want to do to much for when I sell it but I supose if the carpets go back in who is going to know right ?

I've not touched my interior...yet and I wont be till we get a 3rd car.

Nobody will know if you take it out. Even if your return it to standard to sell further down the line. Look at Kevo's he's taken all the tar and sound deadening out of his.

Yeh I really did not want to touch my interior that's the appeal of this bolt in cage in for trackday out for tesco's lol

that's and the silly cheap price for a pre painted colour coded cage

Right guys just a quick update . As so of you may have seen I was debating selling the car . But after testdriving a GW 200 today nahh I don't think so not even much quicker than mine maybe a bit more down low but nothing a good remap won't sort...

So she is staying .....

Now have made a list of what I want to get done so will keep everyone updates with progress

Wo wo WOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Since when did you think about selling her?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Glad she's staying :smile:

Ha wo wo waaaaahhh reminds me of the blame canda song from the south park movie lmfao brilliant

Anyway yeh did u not are the for sale section ?? I did text u about the coilovers u did not even question why I asked u if u wanted them lol

Might celerbrate by a ring trip ...............jokes

I have just actually put two and two together about the springs. I just assumed you were changing the suspension, not putting them back to standard loL!!

Good news that you've decided to keep it.

I was thinking of changing mine as well as it cant hold it own against anything un hot hatch related on the straights at trackdays, nothing K-Tec cant sort out with a turbo or supercharger though :wink:.

Right guys just a quick update . As so of you may have seen I was debating selling the car . But after testdriving a GW 200 today nahh I don't think so not even much quicker than mine maybe a bit more down low but nothing a good remap won't sort...

So she is staying .....

Now have made a list of what I want to get done so will keep everyone updates with progress

:thumbup: good man! glad you made the right decision!