Quaife Diff fitted + Other mods

Same place that mapped it originally as they'll only adjust it to suit instead of doing it from fresh. so AmD essex!

I was toying with the idea of a V6 airbox setup whilst im there, but the jury is still out as to whether theres any benefits so im reluctant.

Same place that mapped it originally as they'll only adjust it to suit instead of doing it from fresh. so AmD essex!

I was toying with the idea of a V6 airbox setup whilst im there, but the jury is still out as to whether theres any benefits so im reluctant.

if it wasnt a "benefit" then why do they fit it to the cup racers.....

Last edited:
Regardless the OEM setup works very well, it'd be a shame to try and fix what isnt broken. I dont think it will be restrictive under 230bhp.

Ive always wanted to ask how air flow is controlled on nitrous runs ben?

Very nice additions Ben!

What difference has it all made to the 1/4 mile time then? You said it was back with you for a drag race weekend!?

Ive always wanted to ask how air flow is controlled on nitrous runs ben?

In simple terms the best i can describe it is that the engine and nitrous work completely independently to supply the engine so neither affects the others 'control'.

The nitrous supplies oxygen via the nitrous when it burns and its own fuel supply is atomised into the nos charge at the injector. The engine then works as it would normally with feeding air through the induction side and fuel via main injectors controlled by ECU.

I run standard airbox with K&N panel filter with heat wrapped std inlet pipe, got me 215bhp on dyno so its good enough for my needs.

Paul, if im to be honest the drag day was a complete disaster, i cant run TC on nos as the ignition cut control could cause a backfire through the inlet, so getting 270bhp off the line in a FWD 1200kg+ car isnt easy. And my local disused airstrip is famous for its terrible surface and inaccurate timing system. Alas i hear you say, racing excuses!? I only managed a 14.9 on the day, i've done better previously without the diff and nos assisting me :worried: But the car was on the limiter spinning through 1st and 2nd and then bogged down below the powerband as i shifted to 3rd which was making my launches impossible.

Weekend after i went and fitted R888s front and rear so next time i may get a stickier start and im looking for mid 14s ( 14.5 or lower would be lovely ).

Last edited:
ben, with the diff, when you start (fron a parking for exemple) do you have a little vibration on the steering wheel?

ben, with the diff, when you start (fron a parking for exemple) do you have a little vibration on the steering wheel?

No vibration or whining from any scenario, its completely civlised.

Its most noticable feature is long corners where you control the angle of the cars steering by the throttle and not the wheel :wink: