Protection

Got round to giving mine a decent clean and some protection for the winter, went for:
wash
dry
tar remover
clay
Autoglym SRP
Poorboys white diamond
Fusso and then a coat of Fusso king of gloss over the top

only got one that's not brilliant quality on my phone as I was doing it. I'll try to get a couple of better ones tomorrow but no doubt it'll be raining and the drive to work will get it dirty
skhamqW.jpg

Reactions: Sean197 and Pav
Currently got couple of layers of Super Resin Polish, 1 layer of Extra Gloss Protection and 2 layers of HD Wax, although i have a feeling it will all need topping up by end of this month.

Sorry to butt in...

Who wants winter protection on their car that they can apply every weekend through a snow foam lance and gives protection and beading on every surface (including glass and wheels)?

Get some of this: http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/fireball/hydrophobic-active-snow-foam.aspx

It may look expensive, but you use 50ml to 500ml of water. Cover the car, wait a minute, then pressure wash off. It lasts ages, and does last long on wheels as well which I was surprised at.

That looks pretty cool! might be worth trying this out.

What kind of protection does it give?

Is this an alternative to polish & wax? as im thinking this may be a good product to use throughout winter.

It gives as good as protection as any wax, just shorter lifespan. I snow foam my car weekly, so it's no extra effort to apply this. 50ml in 500ml of water and away you go!

Reactions: Adam_C
Bought my 200 a few months ago (long story, but i used to own it before and it was detailed and protected with AF Wax when I owned it previously) as shes garaged when not in use and she only comes out to play in nice weather, I have only recently had chance to get it prepped it with obsession wax snow foam, Gyeon Iron, Obession wax tar/gue remover, then fully washed with Gyeon Bath then protected with Gyeon Pure - which should last a while.

I have purposely not done a full detail yet as im having some work done on her in january, so loathed to lavish lots of time on her only to be potentially marked by the garage - my plan is to get all the work done, then in the spring spend time with my rupes polisher bringing her back again and will be protected using Gyeon MOHS+. As much as I like detailing being a dad now I dont have as much time as I did to spend full days each week cleaning waxing etc. I did my wifes car with MOHS+ a year and a half ago and its still going strong, yes its expensive, but saves me so much time each week with just a maintenance wash required and regular top ups with Gyeon Cure.