pioneer TSQ131C upgrade

I have those speakers for a month now and I can not shake the feeling that the OEM ones had somewhat better bass (low frequencies) - it's like the bass was "richer", now the treble and the kick bass are noticeably better but maybe the speakers didn't have their 15h running in period.

Just my 2 cents...

It's a very subjective thing but the feeling of a lack of bass may be just the fact that they're a bit more precise in their delivery.

So rather the bass just being one long drone of muddy noise it actually reproduces the notes correctly(ish) and you dont get the mess inbetween making it sound like there's less.

To be fair, they're only 13cm woofers and they're never going to produce that much bass mounted in a panel of plastic.

I'm still looking at options for what to put in the back to complement them but haven't found muc that peaks my interest.

ive got these and some yellow pioneers to match in the back, then added a pioneer underseat sub, its adds that little bit of bass that the speakers may struggle with, but i do like the fact that it doesnt over power my speakers at low volume

Ive got these speakers in mine now and apart from being an absolue annoyance to get those fat tweeters in place and the cover back on i think they are awesome! Run together with new Alpine unit makes for a perfect combo.....on some songs its like i have a small sub in the boot!

I think GrumpyTwig is right about being more precise.

Grumpy - What have you been looking at for the rear of the car? Something that provides a good woof? Am i right in thinking you can fit a deeper coned speaker to the rear as it has more allowance?

Lemme know, thanks!