Pav's Albi Blue 197T

I have used the 225's as I didnt know about this little trick..Got mine second hand from ebay but had to replace both boots,paint and re-greased them..
Trevor lied both of them in front of me (my 225 and the scenic one and they were identical...even fitted them onto my 225 gear box and again,perfect fit..
depends on you Steve..i would try order the shorter one and see if all ok then I'd go and order n/s one too..
Is the shaft the same size for both? Wondering about torque steer if not?

yeah same size mate..
i mean no sweat if you dont get them Steve..I would if i was in your shoes..not too expensive and if there was an issue i would just return them..still better than paying £300...

Th
yeah same size mate..
i mean no sweat if you dont get them Steve..I would if i was in your shoes..not too expensive and if there was an issue i would just return them..still better than paying £300...
think I would rather waste sixty quid on two shafts than spend 300 first off. I assume the centre bearing support is the same?

yeah should be...thats the issue i'been having..wrong driveshaft bracket.. its all down to you..Trevor had a scenic in his garage,thats how we found out..

In
yeah should be...thats the issue i'been having..wrong driveshaft bracket.. its all down to you..Trevor had a scenic in his garage,thats how we found out..
Interesting. My engine has the bracket already, I guess yours didn't and you bought wrong one? Still having to find a 1.9dci bracket if needs be should be fine.

Reactions: Pav
Good to hear things are still progressing nicely Pavster. Being off work must end up being quite frustrating though - you've got a lot more time to sit and think 'I can't wait to get my bloody car back!' :smile:

Good to hear things are still progressing nicely Pavster. Being off work must end up being quite frustrating though - you've got a lot more time to sit and think 'I can't wait to get my bloody car back!' :smile:

Probably chasing women on his pushbike to be fair...

Reactions: Jimmy
have to say that i thought I'd have my girl back by now but things dont always go the way you want them to..went to see Trevor today with my mate Adam..Adam wants his golf mk2 to be rebuilt with an r32 engine in..so they had a good chat while I was looking at my car,still in bits..well not bits but still unfinished..the steering rack is back on,driveshafts fitted,top mounts done..he is still working on the ECU though..he thinks it may be faulty!!:disrelieved:
Probably chasing women on his pushbike to be fair...
haha..not that far from the truth Micah..nearly hit a lamp post while checking on a girl..:hearteyes:

Reactions: DS197
Pav, was always going to be the case mate. There are always so many unexpected issues with such a major build like this. Fingers crossed that it's swift from here on.

ECU sounds a bit of a worry though! Hope it's ok.

thanks Mes..will know a bit more tonight as Trevor is on it as we speak..
thanks for your kind words..really dont need to spend more money on another ECU

Not the best news pav. Hopefully not too detrimental to the project though.

No chance of the ECU you have "going back" to where it came from ?

was a private sale Syer so think no chance of getting my money back..will see soon..hope its just a little niggle that will be sorted soon..

have to say that i thought I'd have my girl back by now but things dont always go the way you want them to..went to see Trevor today with my mate Adam..Adam wants his golf mk2 to be rebuilt with an r32 engine in..so they had a good chat while I was looking at my car,still in bits..well not bits but still unfinished..the steering rack is back on,driveshafts fitted,top mounts done..he is still working on the ECU though..he thinks it may be faulty!!:disrelieved:

haha..not that far from the truth Micah..nearly hit a lamp post while checking on a girl..:hearteyes:
I thought it had run pav?

Reactions: Beany
Fingers fully crossed for you on the ECU Pav, you need a dose of good luck - although hopefully it is just a niggle and Trevor will get it sorted.

Reactions: Pav

That's not good. I've sold all mine but I'll keep an eye out for one for you. Have you tried Paul at rs tuning? He did say he had loads of megane bits.