Pav's Albi Blue 197T

Big news mate!

Little teething troubles are to be expected and no doubt there will be a few more to deal with, but it's getting there.

Sounds good mate. Obviously you need to use the megane ECU, normally people send away both ECU's and have some information flashed from one ECU to the other. From what I can remember it's maybe emobiliser based to enable the megane ECU to work with the rest of the Clio electronics, is this something you've looked into?

Big news mate!

Little teething troubles are to be expected and no doubt there will be a few more to deal with, but it's getting there.
yeah exactly..by next week I should have her back..it's just the driveshaft bracket that is missing now..all wiring done...great news
IT LIVES !

How cool is your weekend gonna be knowing that :smile:

[Try to stop smiling uncontrollably Pav !]
haha..spot on..couldnt stop smiling since I got the text..
Sounds good mate. Obviously you need to use the megane ECU, normally people send away both ECU's and have some information flashed from one ECU to the other. From what I can remember it's maybe emobiliser based to enable the megane ECU to work with the rest of the Clio electronics, is this something you've looked into?
Trevor does all that..All the decoding and ECU work is done by him..may go to see him tmr morning..pretty sure he can do all this within a couple of days posted back..will ask him about the price...

Reactions: ///M and tombate911
Don't think I could handle that text, knowing it's so close to being done! Must be buzzing for the phone call to come and collect.

ok since I'm off this week,I paid Trevor a visit..a few hiccups along the way is something that has to be taken into consideration..my car is being a guinea pig at the end of the day..parts,where things go etc etc,all this has to Trevor go through..Spent over 2 hours with him today and he said that the next car will be a piece of cake since he knows what to do..
the driveshaft bracket turned up today-all good..great fitment..also one of the gear cables ws damaged so a new one had to be ordered..should be with him tmr..things you dont expect but should consider when buying second hand parts..

for all of you out there considering doing this,one piece of advice regarding driveshafts..you can get 1.9 dci megane scenic driveshafts as they are exactly the same as the 225 ones..and they cost 1/4 of 225's..!!

P_20170220_133207_1_p.jpg P_20170220_133220_1_p.jpg P_20170220_133230_1_p.jpg P_20170220_133328_1_p.jpg

as always thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy
ok since I'm off this week,I paid Trevor a visit..a few hiccups along the way is something that has to be taken into consideration..my car is being a guinea pig at the end of the day..parts,where things go etc etc,all this has to Trevor go through..Spent over 2 hours with him today and he said that the next car will be a piece of cake since he knows what to do..
the driveshaft bracket turned up today-all good..great fitment..also one of the gear cables ws damaged so a new one had to be ordered..should be with him tmr..things you dont expect but should consider when buying second hand parts..

for all of you out there considering doing this,one piece of advice regarding driveshafts..you can get 1.9 dci megane driveshafts as they are exactly the same as the 225 ones..and they cost 1/4 of 225's..!!

View attachment 16861 View attachment 16862 View attachment 16863 View attachment 16864

as always thanks
See you in October then Pav (playground time)

for all of you out there considering doing this,one piece of advice regarding driveshafts..you can get 1.9 dci megane driveshafts as they are exactly the same as the 225 ones..and they cost 1/4 of 225's..!!

View attachment 16861 View attachment 16862 View attachment 16863 View attachment 16864

as always thanks
Funny that pav. Was just on fone regarding paying 300 for a pair of Meg ones!!! Will scout for dci ones now.any year ?

Another good update mate. Not too long to go now!

Hope you're holding it together mate. I'd be fully freaking out at this point with the anticipation!

Another good update mate. Not too long to go now!

Hope you're holding it together mate. I'd be fully freaking out at this point with the anticipation!
yeah thanks..have to say I'm still ok..would love to have my baby back as Im off this week so could go places and give her some :thumb:

Awesome Pav! Bet you're itching!

You bloody school workers get so much time off, christmas has only just finished and you have half term - WTF!
I certainly am..but as above ..still holding it together..
haha agree with you but on the other hand its nice to have a break from the little terrors :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Funny that pav. Was just on fone regarding paying 300 for a pair of Meg ones!!! Will scout for dci ones now.any year ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-S...203814?hash=item20b8e89566:g:h8oAAOxy8hNRlIH6
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAND-SCE....9+dCi&hash=item27bca9c48a:g:pngAAMXQVERSqdEh

when you do the online check it will tell you that they wont fit..its up to you really whether you bite the bullet but I was there when Trevor tried a scenic one on my 225 gearbox..perfect fit..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-S...203814?hash=item20b8e89566:g:h8oAAOxy8hNRlIH6
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAND-SCENIC-1-9DCi-DRIVESHAFT-N-SIDE-BRAND-NEW-04-ON-/170668967050?fits=Model:Scenic|Cars+Type:1.9+dCi&hash=item27bca9c48a:g:tongueout:ngAAMXQVERSqdEh

when you do the online check it will tell you that they wont fit..its up to you really whether you bite the bullet but I was there when Trevor tried a scenic one on my 225 gearbox..perfect fit..
Well if they fit then they fit! Are both yours in and fitted?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAND-SCENIC-1-9DCi-DRIVESHAFT-N-SIDE-BRAND-NEW-04-ON-/170668967050?fits=Model:Scenic|Cars+Type:1.9+dCi&hash=item27bca9c48a:g:tongueout:ngAAMXQVERSqdEh

Just to be clear have you used the 225 or dci ones?

I have used the 225's as I didnt know about this little trick..Got mine second hand from ebay but had to replace both boots,paint and re-greased them..
Trevor lied both of them in front of me (my 225 and the scenic one and they were identical...even fitted them onto my 225 gear box and again,perfect fit..
depends on you Steve..i would try order the shorter one and see if all ok then I'd go and order n/s one too..

I have used the 225's as I didnt know about this little trick..Got mine second hand from ebay but had to replace both boots,paint and re-greased them..
Trevor lied both of them in front of me (my 225 and the scenic one and they were identical...even fitted them onto my 225 gear box and again,perfect fit..
depends on you Steve..i would try order the shorter one and see if all ok then I'd go and order n/s one too..
Conundrum now.lol