Pav's Albi Blue 197T

Love the mats, I bought a set for mine and they look spot on. Can literally have any colour combination you want :thumbup1:
Question, which Vinyl did you use for your diamonds? I have Hexis and 3M and neither are that glossy as I've been looking for one for a while.

Hey mate did you buy the pads in the end? After a few weeks of using the 1144's I can tell you they bite hard on the road and track from cold!! Also been told they produce less dust than std pads. :smile:

hi @Azagedon..1st of all..love the conversion..looks like the guys did a cracking job on ur baby....would love to be able to do mine in the future...
i have not bought the pads yet..been researching on the internet and found the EBC red stuff..compared to the mintex m1144 produce less dust apparently...was offered them from ebay for a roughly same price as ur mintex...so deciding now...what would u do??love ur car..any videos of urs while in action??

Last edited:
hi @Azagedon..1st of all..love the conversion..looks like the guys did a cracking job with on ur baby....would love to be able to do mine in the future...
i have not bought the pads yet..been researching on the internet and found the EBC red stuff..compared to the mintex m1144 produce less dust apparently...was offered them from ebay for a roughly same price as ur mintex...so deciding now...what would u do??love ur car..any videos of urs while in action??

Cheers fella, it drives like a monster now! I'll post some videos later :wink:.

General consensus on most forums and RUK say steer away from EBC stuff, they are awful for dust too apparently. I spoke to a couple of chaps that have tried and tested a good few pads before I bought mine.. they both perfer and use mintex stuff.
They work instantly from cold, bit hard and don't squeal!
Hope that helps mate.

the time has come to change the front discs.spent literally days on the internet looking for a decent pair...wish my budget would allow me to go with the 2 piece discs from Cazan Racing but the reality is different :rain:anyway..cheer up..these will be more than fine for my fast road driving and an occasional track day...will be fitting them as soon as time allows me to do so....
23062014488.jpg
23062014489.jpg
23062014490.jpg

Last edited:
haha..gotta keep going somehow...its the world cup that makes me buy them..anyway..the discs are from ebay and they are Mtec dimpled and grooved..£ 90 delivered..just tried to fit them but couldnt get the old ones off..bloody proper seized..will give it another go tmr hopefully...

fitted today...i have 3 words to describe it:unbe-freaking-lievable!!....the breaking performance is truly awesome..and they have not been bedded in yet..thanks [MENTION=50771]Azagedon[/MENTION] for ur advice on the pads..
24062014490.jpg
24062014491.jpg
24062014492.jpg
24062014493.jpg
24062014494.jpg

Told you mate, the most impressive is the immediate bite from cold! Worked really well when I went a bit too fast into the first bend at combe just slowed me right down safely. :smile:

tbh i have never had the DS 2500 on but u cant go wrong with mintex 1144 for £61 delivered..thanks again..cant stop driving it now..the near by petrol station is glad to see me more often :clap:

Last edited:
I really rate the mintex pads had them on my 172 and it was really sharpe. Went for ds2500 on the R26 and I'm quite disappointed tbh. So you defiantly made the right choice

I really rate the mintex pads had them on my 172 and it was really sharpe. Went for ds2500 on the R26 and I'm quite disappointed tbh. So you defiantly made the right choice
as i mentioned above..dont know a thing about ds2500 pads but these mintex...i actually couldnt believe that my breaks can be so sharp...i was thinking of getting new calipers as i thought they might be faulty..all good now..just bedding in process coming my way..really goood pads..cant praise them enough..