Pav's Albi Blue 197T

so today i picked the Witch up from Trev's..since the meg conversion commenced in Feb this year,the car has been suffering from an odd illness here and there,but it looks like she is finally all healthy and ready for some action..i have my heater blower working again and no issues what so ever,so fingers crossed its stays this way for a long time coming..
on top my headteacher had asked me to join her and our Y6 at Lledr Hall this week..and the best thing about it is that I m going tomorrow and im driving there..so here we come north Wales..bring on some decent roads..
hoping the car holds up well..going on Wednesday and coming back Friday night..

Just making sure you know you're right by the EVO triangle, the Llanberis Pass and the utterly wonderful run from Capel Curig down to Porthmadog on the A4086 / A498.

Some of the best driving anywhere.

Hope you have fun mate.

Pity about the delays and the Police on the way over, but at least you've had some quality time behind the wheel. As Mes says, well worth a blast over the Evo Triangle if you've not been - great stretch of road.

Pity about the delays and the Police on the way over, but at least you've had some quality time behind the wheel. As Mes says, well worth a blast over the Evo Triangle if you've not been - great stretch of road.
I may..will see how much time I have...thanks

Mate, you're like 15 mins from the EVO Triangle. You'd be really silly not too.

But there are even better drives to be had nearby too.

Take the long way home. Promise you won't regret it!

+1

You're getting mileage paid too Pav. Just tell them your Sat-Nav played up........

Reactions: Pav
without reading all your superb comments I set off this afternoon what had turned out to be a fantastic drive..looked up the evo triangle route and managed to do some of it..the A543 is awesome and evn i didnt do the whole bit i managed to to this road 3 times..what a blast with literally no traffic..
i personally think that if you come of the main road you will always have a blast in North Wales..did the A5 which wasnt that bad either..there are hundreds of A,B roads to be tried..the car prformed brilliantly and i couldnt be happier..must admit that some sheep are very brave too..
i wished i had these roads on my door step..just grand..
P_20170908_131253.jpg P_20170908_131303.jpg P_20170908_131321.jpg P_20170908_133544.jpg P_20170908_133608.jpg P_20170908_133624.jpg P_20170908_133649.jpg P_20170908_134012.jpg P_20170908_134400.jpg

Last edited:
So glad you made the effort Pav....i can only imagine the roads and you love being out in your car i know. And for us...........if nothing else we get to see a few fantastic pics :smile:

LMAO @ 'brave sheep' !!!!

you will love the BOOST Ben..you can still rev it but there's no need as she will have enough power/torque in the middle range..thats just very very very addictive..:sunglasses:

Low down grunt is the best thing about FI huh? No need to change gear, as long as you're on boost the feeling of being pushed along is awesome.

Glad you got to have some fun on the awesome roads round there mate. Know it all so well. When I was still in Manchester I used to go out to Snowdonia pretty much once a month. And I agree, you can't really go wrong, some are definitely better than others but there's fun to be had everywhere. Plus the scenery is stunning for the most part.

Good on you mate. Jealous. I've been wanting to take the Lotus for a spin up there since I got it but the weather has been shite.

Low down grunt is the best thing about FI huh? No need to change gear, as long as you're on boost the feeling of being pushed along is awesome.

Glad you got to have some fun on the awesome roads round there mate. Know it all so well. When I was still in Manchester I used to go out to Snowdonia pretty much once a month. And I agree, you can't really go wrong, some are definitely better than others but there's fun to be had everywhere. Plus the scenery is stunning for the most part.

Good on you mate. Jealous. I've been wanting to take the Lotus for a spin up there since I got it but the weather has been shite.
yeah you are right..pretty much everywhere in Wales..
you have got to take your Lotus for a spin somewhere this nice..you've done it so you know..:thumb:

Cracking photos Pav, very nice! Looks like you had pleasant weather too. I've only been to the Triangle once, but really enjoyed it. As you say, beautiful roads and scenery out that way.

yeah you are right..pretty much everywhere in Wales..
you have got to take your Lotus for a spin somewhere this nice..you've done it so you know..:thumb:

Mate I've been SO keen to get it over to Wales ever since I got it. But the weather has been permanent rain ever since.

:worried:

Hoping we get a little late sun before it goes full winter so I can get out there. Preferably with the roof off!

:smiley:

Yeah right!