Paul's R27 F1 Deep Black

So after owning numerous French hot hatches over the years, a 106 rallye, 205 Gti, 306 gti, 306 rallye, 172s, 172 cup, LY 182 I then went down the RWD road and had a E46 M3 for a of couple years. I've just sold that to free up some money so I've bought a Clio 197 F1, mainly for weekend use and I'm hoping to get to a few track days in it as well but being in Cornwall it's not a short trip for me!

Anyway onto the car, it's been owned from new by the same family, only 67k with full history. It's very clean for the year and well looked after although there's already bits I'm planning on sorting on it.

It seemed to be taking a few to many turns to start so I've tried cleaning up the tdc sensor which didn't help so I've ordered a new one from Renault. Next on the list is a cambelt change which I'm hoping to take up to Dan at SJM.
I've also got an issue with the dash trims where it looks like it's been stained or something so I'm on the lookout for a new set or I'm tempted to spray them in gloss black.

Here's a few pictures that I have at the moment, I'll update the thread when I give it a good clean at some point and start doing some more bits to it.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Sounds a nice example Paul. Sounds like you know what you want and where your'e going with it too......

Looking forward to some piccies :smile:

Always dash trim sets available / on ebay. Not usually that expensive either.

Enjoy the new weapon.

Yeh I like to keep things fairly standard so it looks factory finish so to speak, but I've already seen the grams springs and spacer threads and I'm tempted by them as the wheels look so lost in the wide arches!

It's the whole centre console dash part I need as well around the CD player, I'm not the greatest with pictures so bare with me ha ha! Is it best to post them as thumbnails or full image on here? Cheers

Yeh I like to keep things fairly standard so it looks factory finish so to speak, but I've already seen the grams springs and spacer threads and I'm tempted by them as the wheels look so lost in the wide arches!

It's the whole centre console dash part I need as well around the CD player, I'm not the greatest with pictures so bare with me ha ha! Is it best to post them as thumbnails or full image on here? Cheers

Where are you hosting your pictures Paul ?

Nice car mate. They look great in black. Have a look for some pics with the black bits done on the interior. It's a bit full on I think. A nice metallic dark grey looks good I think. But then some people go yellow! :smiley:

Oh and projector lights look perfect with a black car. Nice to have that option ticked.

Hope she treats you well Paul.

I've also had some spare time today to give the interior a bit of a clean, the seat belts were brown so gave them a clean and they've come up much better!
IMG_5779.JPG
IMG_5780.JPG
IMG_5782.JPG

You can see why the sensor was giving you issues. Silver seat belts are a nightmare to keep clean. Keep up the good work.

Similar Thread Suggestions