Part/ Track day Roll cage

Looks poor as it's not tied into the chassis much at all and so it's obviously there for roll over protection rather than chassis stiffening. But... without spreader plates it'll highly possible it'll punch through the floor if you did roll it.
Frankly I'd not bother with those, if you're going to cage it then gusset one in and do a proper job imo.

id be looking for oulton cage or Maybe the ktec one but like RIch says how they act during a roll over is not
known . Maybe do more harm then good

id be looking for oulton cage or Maybe the ktec one but like RIch says how they act during a roll over is not
known . Maybe do more harm then good

If the feet of the cage are not attached to spreader plates I'm fairly sure you wouldn't pass any form of scrutineering. Also what's it made from as it doesn't say? Proper CDS or his mate Dave the scaffolders' off cuts!!??
I don't see the point in a cage that isn't tied in properly on the b-pillars either - it really pisses me off on the R26.R, people get moist about it for nothing IMO.

Looks more of a show cage really. I'd save the money and put it towards a full custom cage if you are wanting to go down that route.

I was thinking of using this as a back bone and adding more metal and fixture points, especially on the b pillars (like the michelin cup ) and proper welded feet. But by the time in designing/working out sections to get in the car , might as well fit a accredited 6 point cage.

There's your answers then OP.

I'd go with the advice, it'll probably be worse putting a bad cage in than not having one at all. Extra weight and no protection.

I shelled out the extra after looking at the other options

i went for the safety devices cage, really comprehensive kit, can't fault it!

only pic I've got at the moment:

1F586D76-E76A-48AD-9DDA-FE62E40D2878.jpg

Nice cage Sam - did you get a full interior respray and if so how much did that cost? Any links to this specific cage?