P0300 and P0313 Codes

suj

Paid Member
Hi all,

So I was driving home, doing 30mph in 4th, lightly accelerated, and it misfired and stayed at same speed, I had to press harder and it was fine it did this uphill later on too!

I plugged in my Bluetooth OBD2 reader and Torque Pro, I got the following codes:

19401941_312302699194835_7308397915858303335_o.jpg

I got home and looked under the bonnet and Cylinder 4 bolt was loose (I previously wrote that it was cross threaded, but it held down), it wouldn't tighten at all now, so I popped down to Wickes and got a longer bolt with some washers to hold it down, it is now solid.

I reset the codes and went for a drive, drove fine to me, I logged the O2 voltages, they both looked like they were going to 0.9V correctly.

Side note I bought some new Coilpacks about 1.5months ago (mind you, they were cheaper ones...yeah I know...).

Anything else it could be? Just perfect, I go away on holiday Monday for 2 weeks!

Thanks in advance.

It has ran rough on idle sometimes (I mentioned previously, reason why I changed coilpacks).
Could it actually be injector(s)?
Wouldn't that throw up some codes?

iirc - if the code ends in any number other than 0 then it indicates the cylinder number. So in your case P0313 would appear to indicate you have a fault on number 3. The P0300 could be anything unfortunately - spark plugs, coils, lambda/crank/cam sensors, injector etc. but coupled with the P0313 code may well point to injector number 3, but don't quote me on that.
@Foxspeed

Reactions: suj
iirc - if the code ends in any number other than 0 then it indicates the cylinder number. So in your case P0313 would appear to indicate you have a fault on number 3. The P0300 could be anything unfortunately - spark plugs, coils, lambda/crank/cam sensors, injector etc. but coupled with the P0313 code may well point to injector number 3, but don't quote me on that.
@Foxspeed

Thanks Sean for the reply.
I thought the code P0301 = Cyl 1, P0302 = Cyl 2 etc, but not for the P031#? (Not saying you are wrong, just from my previous understanding).

I am waiting for a reply off my mate from when his lower end died on his 197, if he has injectors I could steal to try!

Thanks Sean for the reply.
I thought the code P0301 = Cyl 1, P0302 = Cyl 2 etc, but not for the P031#? (Not saying you are wrong, just from my previous understanding).

I am waiting for a reply off my mate from when his lower end died on his 197, if he has injectors I could steal to try!

I'm not sure about the codes ending in 11, 12 etc if that still applies - I've tagged Foxspeed as he'll know :wink:

those codes are sort of not reet specific from a fault point of view...

seems to be pointing to "weak" mixture/mis fire

maybe worth clearing codes - remove and check plugs/connections - refit and test drive - see if it re-occurs

bang some injector cleaner in the tank for good measue

Thanks Micah, yeah it's a useful guide, but as the fault codes are not specific, I can't find a single cause :worried:

those codes are sort of not reet specific from a fault point of view...

seems to be pointing to "weak" mixture/mis fire

maybe worth clearing codes - remove and check plugs/connections - refit and test drive - see if it re-occurs

bang some injector cleaner in the tank for good measue

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm gonna take out plugs, I know there is no oil or water in the holes.
I will also try my old coilpacks, see if that makes a difference.

Last resort, my friend has working injectors, I will swap them over and see if that cures it!

So I was thinking, I found out at MOT that my car also has a Milltek Sports Cat (I only thought it has a Resonated Milltek catback), and as it never flagged up an EML, this code could have been there all the time? I am getting a standard exhaust and Cat put back on next week when I go on Holiday, I will tell the mechanic to see if the code goes away too (if the above doesn't solve it).

So I changed injectors for a working set from Renparts, still the same errors.

I took each spark plug out and had a look, cylinder 4 had some oil on the threads, it looks like it ran down the hole (from either oil fill or if someone removed the Dephaser Solenoid when they changed the sparks.

They all looked new (as previous owner told me) all NGK items.
I switched each coilpack back to OEM ones, one at a time with checking fault codes, still there...I'm confused now, as it drives fine, doesn't throw up EML but codes are just present.

I even took off the connect off the knock sensor and cleaned it with electrical cleaner.

Any other suggestions?

Yep I changed my flexis and changed O2 sensors, no errors since.
(It wasn't the flexi that was blowing, it was a runner had come from the mounting flange, totally lifting off)

Ok, I'll get under the car tomorrow and see how its looking. Did your's sound any different

Ive tried new plugs and coils with no luck so far.

Yep sounded like it was blowing, so I assumed it was flexis, but it was the actual collecting cracked from flange.

While I was there, I thought it was best to change the O2 sensors.