Opinions on Front spats / mudflaps please!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
I had a go today to make some small mudflaps or spats as they are sometimes called. I bought some rally mudflap material off ebay and it came today - massive sheet of it. Slightly less ridgid than I'd hoped.

Anyway, this is what I managed to make, but I want other people's thoughts, opinions and advice before I make one for the other side and screw them on. I've used some sticky velcro to fix them on to see what they're like atm. :tongueout:roud:

I put some cardbord behind them so I could pick it up on the camera.

Comments please! Thank you! :thumbsup:

DSC05255.jpg

DSC05254.jpg

Last edited:
Can you put some shots up from a distance and with out the cardboard? Looks good tho mate!! 2nd pic makes it look really high lol! :wink:

Looking good buddy, probably could do with being about 1cm or 2cm longer at the bottom just to stop the stones from flick up.

But ye, in black they look very nice idd.

Here you go. You can't get an idea of what they look like from far away because I can't pic them up on the camera!

DSC05257.jpg

DSC05256.jpg

Has anyone noticed that without these the bit between the arch liner and the skirt fills up with crap. Think I'm gonna have to take it to bits to clean.! I think these look just the ticket nice and subtle

Looks mint, got mine all cut now just need them fitted. How did you fit the? Self tappers?

I've just them on temporary atm, I've used some double sided sticky velcro to get an idea. I'm going to make a few adjustments to the design.

But when I've perfected it I'll get some small self tappers with a washer and screw in to the wing! Not very happy about doing that tbh, but I think it is going to be the best way. :s

I have also thought about trying to get some clips, I've seen some used somewhere that are like a thick staple sort of thing, that hold 2 surfaces together. I'd used them further up the wing where it'll more difficult to get a screw, and wouldn't be as noticable if I took them off. Just need to find some now!

Like I said, I've cut mine but haven't attached them. Still unsure if I like them or not. Sorry if I'm hi-jacking your post but just to get some opinions.

6cb6deb4.gif

Cars filthy I know:s

Yours looks better than mine! :worried: I know mate, my car is filthy too. Need to wash it but it's a bit too hot atm. Can't really be arsed either! I might make some more and stick them on with double sided sticky stuff and see if I like them or not. Then I can make the fixing more permenant.

I made my own mud flap on the front for my 197, they are lightweight.

it been on the car for while, it still keep the car clean & not getting any stone chips or dirty on the side. It made a big different!

will try get some pics soon.

I've put it off for a while, just cba! Na, I need to leave the car alone for a while. I want my dad to help me with it too, he's good at that kind of thing, but it's difficult to find a time when we are both free. I made a bit of a cock up with the last one, should have designed it differently and cut it differently too. Need to take some time over them so they look like they haven't been bodged on.