Opening the dashboard up?

The dreaded airbag light has wound me up long enough now. All the resistors in the world arent turning it off so im resorting to drastic measures!

Im pretty confident i could remove the dash as i've done it million times in the mk2 so no problems there.

My question is could i open the actual dash unit up to get to the leds to remove the corresponding LEDS??? I know the mk2 is a sealed unit but can actually be broken into if careful.

Thanks for any help.

But haven't you got the standard recaros ben.?

Yes but the pretensioners ( inertia reel seatbelt ) has been removed for harnesses and they are all wired in to the system.

Kevo sorry to be slow but i dont quite understand what your getting at?

Take the front cover off the dial unit and black marker in the rear of it?

They don't have pretensions.
The wire that goes to the seat belt clip is just so it know you have your seat belt on, that's why it's only on the drivers seat belt clip.

Have you tried Renault.
They can reprogram the airbag ecu.

They don't have pretensions.
The wire that goes to the seat belt clip is just so it know you have your seat belt on, that's why it's only on the drivers seat belt clip.

Have you tried Renault.
They can reprogram the airbag ecu.

The actual seatbelt reel itselt has a pretensioner on it, its hidden behind the b-pillar trim.

Asked renault and they said unless the seatbelt was re-installed it will just throw the fault up again and again.

Seatbelt warning light was dealt with by just snipping the wires lol. If only it was all that simple.

Ok. Didn't realise it was on the real ben.
Can't you just put the real back on and leave it hidden, even if the actual belt isn't on the reel.?

Might try getting a multimeter on the pretensioner so i can measure the resistance and try getting an identical resistor...

Unless kevo has a change of heart and wants to help me out ? :wink:

Might try getting a multimeter on the pretensioner so i can measure the resistance and try getting an identical resistor...

Unless kevo has a change of heart and wants to help me out ? :wink:

be careful........measuring resistance can/could trigger them !!!!!

can you not just connect the live and switch live together? would the ecu then think that everything was ok??