Ollie's AG 200 Progress thread (new wheels)

Bloody hell Ollie your car is low mate!! Great pics!

Rubbing is never good, raise it up a bit buddy. Are you running 215 or 225? I suppose ET55 plays a role in that as well.

Regarding the softness, I was really surprised that you went for the V1s tbh given that you visit the track quite regularly. Are there any stiffer KW springs available? If so don't worry about the stiffer rear, this is how Renault tuned the car anyway, stiffer and higher at the back.

Cheers guys, to be honest the photo makes the car look lower than it actually is, here it is compressed going around the Karusell :smile: I'm using standard 215 width. The coilovers came up at a good price so i bought them but i didn't realise their spring ratings. I think i will look for some new springs closer to 75 or 80N and get some adjustable top mounts from Simo. If i had the money i would opt for AST like your's but i use the car on the street as well so don't want proper race suspension :smile:

I've just done 6 laps at the Ring this morning and the KW v1 coilovers are nice but a bit too soft :worried: The car is scraping everywhere haha, had to remove the wheel arches as one side completely melted and it's scraping like crazy especially on the Karusell!

I think with stiffer springs the rear would be less unstable. Does anyone know the spring ratings of the KW V1?

bit gutted to hear that as my V1's will be getting fitted soon and i'm planning on running no adjusters,the offset of my wheels is slightly less than yours so hopefully i might be ok but wish i'd shelled out for V3's now :001_unsure:

I wouldn't worry too much mate, they are great however they aren't great for thrashing around the Ring at full speed with these soft springs. The kw V3 has the same spring rating as the v1 so the same problem would most likely occur with them... As soon as you put some stiffer springs the issue will be resolved, the price of new springs isn't too bad so don't worry. Next time i will just make sure to raise them a bit when i'm at the Ring, at a normal flat track it's not a problem though

It's quite low, especially on the Karusell haha:

271793-ab72086bc2aebd39a2dba4a064b3e6ef

270439-df57581cb29775bc382969578fdc65f9.jpg

:whatever::whatever: aaaaaaaa lowlowlowlow

I wouldn't worry too much mate, they are great however they aren't great for thrashing around the Ring at full speed with these soft springs. The kw V3 has the same spring rating as the v1 so the same problem would most likely occur with them... As soon as you put some stiffer springs the issue will be resolved, the price of new springs isn't too bad so don't worry. Next time i will just make sure to raise them a bit when i'm at the Ring, at a normal flat track it's not a problem though

Ah right cheers for that mate,you've put my mind at rest,for now anyway! Haha

Keep me posted if you find some suitable new springs though bud as I'll probably go down the same route

I have worn through my wheel arch liner and actually taken my bumper down to a razors edge due to rubbing at the 'Ring. Definitely down to the karrusel.

But then I am just on springs at the moment. Camber and stiffer ride will sort that for future!

Not many updates recently but the Clio went in to get its Recaro seat base repaired today and then she will be locked up in the garage until September.

I shall probably be leaving you guys in September to move on to something with a bit more power :'(

Going to the Ring at the end of July to test the Megane 265, i'm currently stuck between that or the Focus :001_unsure:

Not many updates recently but the Clio went in to get its Recaro seat base repaired today and then she will be locked up in the garage until September.

I shall probably be leaving you guys in September to move on to something with a bit more power :'(

Going to the Ring at the end of July to test the Megane 265, i'm currently stuck between that or the Focus :001_unsure:

go for the focus mate,its what i'm currently looking for! if you do though be sure to check the rear wheel arch lips where they meet the bumper as they rust pretty bad,the bumper apparently rubs on the body work and that's how it starts,i've looked at 3 white ones with roughly 15,000miles on them and they'd all gone :worried:

cheers guys, i will miss the Clio for sure as it's one hell of a car!

Hopefully i can get the Focus with a bit of saving over the summer. Thanks for the advice Henderson, i shall keep my out regarding the rust. Any other common faults that you know (Clio gearbox equivalent)? I've heard they are meant to be pretty bulletproof...

cheers guys, i will miss the Clio for sure as it's one hell of a car!

Hopefully i can get the Focus with a bit of saving over the summer. Thanks for the advice Henderson, i shall keep my out regarding the rust. Any other common faults that you know (Clio gearbox equivalent)? I've heard they are meant to be pretty bulletproof...

not really Ollie,as you say they are pretty bullet proof! the seat bolsters do wear as they are the same recaro's as the clio uses,the front headlight washer jets blow out at speed so check they aren't loose in the bumper (just give them a little wiggle),and they eat front tyres so make sure they are ok

for its future value you really want to be going for one with at least lux pack 1 and black alcantara/leather seats as well matey

not really Ollie,as you say they are pretty bullet proof! the seat bolsters do wear as they are the same recaro's as the clio uses,the front headlight washer jets blow out at speed so check they aren't loose in the bumper (just give them a little wiggle),and they eat front tyres so make sure they are ok

for its future value you really want to be going for one with at least lux pack 1 and black alcantara/leather seats as well matey

This really. I had a PB one with lux pack one. Awesome cars.

I'd advise putting a cast inlet plenum on it too. Some of these can go pop. Although its very rare, its better to be safe than sorry as it can cause a lot of damage if it does blow off.

Happy hunting mate!

Going back to London tomorrow and leaving it in Italy :smile:

Love the look of you 200, black bit at the front looks mean!

If your back in London, perhaps ill randomly bump into you at Romans :smile:

Love the Focus RS, friend has one running about 450BHP, he was looking to sell it but not sure if he has yet or not.

I've unfortunately not had much progress with new additions to the Clio as it's going to a new home within the next 2 months :worried:
I still love driving the car but it's time to move on after 2 years of ownership.

Meanwhile last week i bought an Aim Solo which is a GPS track timer. It recognizes when the car is on track and automatically starts timing, recording various types of data for you to analyze your performance on the computer after a track day.Apart from lap timing it measures turn in speeds, 0-60 times etc. I haven't had the chance to try it out on track but others have said it's a very accurate bit of kit.

64CC34A2-3CBD-40EB-B1C1-48A63900AD40-2135-00000333BF32CC24_zpsda42bfba.jpg

3E30A07D-8009-42CD-AE47-45B1F93447E7-2135-000003338AAB0077_zps38e0a05a.jpg