Old Gits LY.....now under conversion

I know the feeling, mines not been in a properly driveable state for 4 months now and it's killing me as I'm 1-2 weeks away!!
Regards Cup stuff I came to the conclusion that it's all or nothing, but at least you have the subframe and main hub uprights etc.

I could be very interested in the spare EE brackets and hangers (£?) - Certainly the EE brackets as I'm after some for building a custom billet set half way between oem and cup racer. Basically corrected for wishbone angle etc but without changing track and thus needing longer shafts.

What's different about the cup rack? Less turns lock to lock? Might be interested as i drive a LHD car myself, guess it's not much use to you anyway!

Those arches look very clean! Love the garage too, very neat and that shiny rear axle is giving me ideas too
Garage is now fitted out a little more , bought a cheap kitchen from Travis Perkins. Axle?...this had already been done by Mitch at Pro-line.

I know the feeling, mines not been in a properly driveable state for 4 months now and it's killing me as I'm 1-2 weeks away!!
Regards Cup stuff I came to the conclusion that it's all or nothing, but at least you have the subframe and main hub uprights etc.

I could be very interested in the spare EE brackets and hangers (£?) - Certainly the EE brackets as I'm after some for building a custom billet set half way between oem and cup racer. Basically corrected for wishbone angle etc but without changing track and thus needing longer shafts.
@TB Rich Open to discussion(£), Let me get them off the hubs and give them a good going over, if your only wanting for measuring up, would you mind having the worst set?

@TB Rich Open to discussion(£), Let me get them off the hubs and give them a good going over, if your only wanting for measuring up, would you mind having the worst set?
Wouldn't have a clue tbh what price they would be, but yeah the worst set is fine. I could also do with some spare standard ones too if yours are going to be surplus? - pm me a price for the 4!

I'll double check I can still have them done - my brother works for an oem and can have them built in 3d and fea stress modelled etc, then we'll cnc them in 7075 I guess.
Just an idea we were throwing around, be pretty cool to do...although probably overkill, but then that's my usual way!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@TB Rich ...I'll drop you a PM after I've brought all the parts together ready for the rebuild and whats surplus put to one side.

Shiny CNC stuff is never a overkill

Reactions: TB Rich
looking forward to some more..hope all is ok..when do you think you will be done with it?

looking forward to some more..hope all is ok..when do you think you will be done with it?
....good question, after tonight I don't know. Removed the subframe with no problem. The cup wishbones I have both have buggered ball joints and new arms are not cheap. Tried removing the ball joints but ended up fecking the arms up. Oh well

Make 2 sets of everything if you do :wink:

Ha Ha Ha sure!......hopefully the time before I start looking into this some one else has done alot of the hard work. Will be a cool project and get away from those doing the FI route...that's getting boring now. And cheaper , my budget build cost got to £3.5K for a F4R!

Oh I had it all planned down to the shifter the lot (still got a lot of the old k20 bits actually, including loom, shift cables, drive shafts etc!). If I actually learn to weld like I keep telling myself I will(!), I'd be tempted to buy a cheap £2k 197 and do it myself!