Old Gits LY.....now under conversion

Yeh likewise, although as turned out even more expensive......heated front screen, lexan windows now on order as well as CF door cards, so the doors are now getting fully stripped out. Plus I got in touch with Mr Kool!
where have you ordered door cards from and how much?

Well the car goes this friday for a weld in roll cage , so had to crack on with removing the front dash and other bits.
2016-06-09%2019.29.19_zpsf0y9caog.jpg

Amazed to how much this weighed.

2016-06-09%2018.47.29%20HDR_zps1ewzutxz.jpg

This won't be going back in as I'm opting for a more simplified ventilation system including heated front windscreen from Ricky Evans Motorsport....thanks to Mitchell for that one.

Whilst the car is like it is started to thin this out. Dining room tables are great for sorting looms out!

2016-06-10%2020.27.03_zpsekiru29k.jpg

Amazed how much copper I've got rid of, through the radio,speakers,boot electrics, rear heated screen, airbags,tensioners, all the electrics in the doors, alarm, courtesy lights and the list goes on!. Filled a supermarket plastic bag already and there must be a few kilo's in there. What amazed me was the amount of wiring to un-used connectors/plugs in the car.
Anyway since doing this it maybe getting scrapped altogether and installing a standalone ECU (DTA ProS60) with a android tablet dash. Had a good chat with Nick at Pure Motorsport. Only concern is gaining a base map just to get the car started to check all the systems through. Pure Motorsport have the older clio covered, but don't seem to have much on the newer VVT engine. Anyway what I had planned for last winter. i.e. engine rebuild, hopefully will get done this winter and such may get rid of the VVT.
One aspect that will have to be tackled is the steering column. As I can't afford, well want to spend the money on other things, a cup race steering column I'm looking to install the older clio EPAS system. With the help from a ebay "electronic box" you can manually trim the sensitivity (easier/harder steering) and such for less than £100 problem solved.

Last edited:
Well the car goes this friday for a weld in roll cage , so had to crack on with removing the front dash and other bits.
2016-06-09%2019.29.19_zpsf0y9caog.jpg

Amazed to how much this weighed.

2016-06-09%2018.47.29%20HDR_zps1ewzutxz.jpg

This won't be going back in as I'm opting for a more simplified ventilation system including heated front windscreen from Ricky Evans Motorsport....thanks to Mitchell for that one.

Whilst the car is like it is started to thin this out. Dining room tables are great for sorting looms out!

2016-06-10%2020.27.03_zpsekiru29k.jpg

Amazed how much copper I've got rid of, through the radio,speakers,boot electrics, rear heated screen, airbags,tensioners, all the electrics in the doors, alarm, courtesy lights and the list goes on!. Filled a supermarket plastic bag already and there must be a few kilo's in there. What amazed me was the amount of wiring to un-used connectors/plugs in the car.
Anyway since doing this it maybe getting scrapped altogether and installing a standalone ECU (DTA ProS60) with a android tablet dash. Had a good chat with Nick at Pure Motorsport. Only concern is gaining a base map just to get the car started to check all the systems through. Pure Motorsport have the older clio covered, but don't seem to have much on the newer VVT engine. Anyway what I had planned for last winter. i.e. engine rebuild, hopefully will get done this winter and such may get rid of the VVT.
One aspect that will have to be tackled is the steering column, the MK3's have can bus connectivity (from the speedo & ECU) to assist the torque input (from the driver) on the EPAS system. As I can't afford, well want to spend the money on other things, a cup race steering column I'm looking to install the older clio EPAS system. With the help from a ebay "electronic box" you can manually trim the sensitivity (easier/harder steering) and such for less than £100 problem solved.
X85 Cup motorsport EPAS needs CAN communication as well as road car's - I've learned it the hard way. I've bought polish standalone EcuMaster EMU with CAN-bus module and found a guy with stock clio 200 willing to come by to EcuMaster for CAN decoding. EcuMaster at my request added to their ECU Clio 3 CAN support (ABS, Dash and EPAS) which happened to work with race EPAS as well.

X85 Cup motorsport EPAS needs CAN communication as well as road car's - I've learned it the hard way. I've bought polish standalone EcuMaster EMU with CAN-bus module and found a guy with stock clio 200 willing to come by to EcuMaster for CAN decoding. EcuMaster at my request added to their ECU Clio 3 CAN support (ABS, Dash and EPAS) which happened to work with race EPAS as well.

Thanks for that, I think you've persuaded me to go for the older clio (x65) epas system.

Few pics back from the roll cage installers. Now have to decide on colour.
Photo%2025-06-2016%2020%2004%2011_zpslap0nyhh.png"]Photo%2025-06-2016%2020%2004%2011_zpslap0nyhh.png[/URL]

Photo%2025-06-2016%2020%2004%2030_zpskvdxmffr.png"]Photo%2025-06-2016%2020%2004%2030_zpskvdxmffr.png[/URL]

Photo%2025-06-2016%2020%2013%2016_zpsjentlmsh.png"]Photo%2025-06-2016%2020%2013%2016_zpsjentlmsh.png[/URL]

Car gets picked up on Wednesday, but looking like I'll have to sort out the paint job. I think to keep paint costs down its looking like Silver or White. I was hoping to do it LY

where have you ordered door cards from and how much?

Choppen....got the door cards from Pure Motorsport but there pants!....just got a £50 refund due the courier not being careful. The problem with these is there not full carbon fibre but a thin mat over a fibre glass. The CF weave is distorted all over the place and the cards are see through in places. Probably will end up painting them.

Subscribed, keep the updates coming... always interested in watching others willing/crazy enough to develop their Clio to new levels, oh & i'd go anthracite or black with the cage.

Last edited: