Old Gits LY.....now under conversion

Well its been some time since any update from me, reason being......finished this
2016-04-16%2017.03.18_zpscjlyvpbb.jpg

During doing this treated myself to this, wow what a difference compared to my old one...
2016-04-04%2013.33.03_zpszbjis9ti.jpg

oh and picked this up, but its been side lined for now...
File%2017-10-2015%2017%2035%2041_zpssxzevqoc.jpg

Anyway was hoping to use the trailer to get the car home this weekend but that turned out like a turd on a potters wheel. Anyway it needs a MOT and thats not straight forward!
a) need to put a cat in the system (or find a sympathetic tester! if not the original manifold is going back in or borrow a sports cat section, but reluctant to chop into the akro) and
b) two hand brake cables
c) washer pump/steering wheel switch
Have another list, which is extending by the minute, but need to have a cut off point and just get the bloody thing on the track!

Roll on the summer days again...
2015-07-05%2013.07.55_zpsnahcmxp2.jpg

Well its been some time since any update from me, reason being......finished this
2016-04-16%2017.03.18_zpscjlyvpbb.jpg

During doing this treated myself to this, wow what a difference compared to my old one...
2016-04-04%2013.33.03_zpszbjis9ti.jpg

oh and picked this up, but its been side lined for now...
File%2017-10-2015%2017%2035%2041_zpssxzevqoc.jpg

Anyway was hoping to use the trailer to get the car home this weekend but that turned out like a turd on a potters wheel. Anyway it needs a MOT and thats not straight forward!
a) need to put a cat in the system (or find a sympathetic tester! if not the original manifold is going back in or borrow a sports cat section, but reluctant to chop into the akro) and
b) two hand brake cables
c) washer pump/steering wheel switch
Have another list, which is extending by the minute, but need to have a cut off point and just get the bloody thing on the track!

Roll on the summer days again...
2015-07-05%2013.07.55_zpsnahcmxp2.jpg

Did you ever have any luck with that induction video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No not yet....but will try to remember when I get the opportunity.
Just dealing with a few electrical gremlims at the minute.:swear:

Wow! I am so jealous about the trailer and the single seater as well!!! Continuously looking for what RWD to buy, options are : caterham 7 270r, lotus Elise series 2, but both of them are rare here in Hungary :worried:

No not yet....but will try to remember when I get the opportunity.
Just dealing with a few electrical gremlims at the minute.:swear:

Would love to hear it when you get a moment! I wonder if there's any easy way to relocate the battery... That's the only hint holding me off pulling the trigger right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I am so jealous about the trailer and the single seater as well!!! Continuously looking for what RWD to buy, options are : caterham 7 270r, lotus Elise series 2, but both of them are rare here in Hungary :worried:
@Flasci

yeh the single seater was a impulse buy, built in 1968...its already fully stripped and I've done quite a bit of chassis work on it already but stowed away again for next winter. I've had a 7 style kit car. Wow what fun, regret letting that one go (as I could say for a few other I've had over the years and which have now exploded in value...RS2000, M3 !!:worried:).
I wasn't far off hitting the button on a Elise once and I think looking at your choice I would go for the latter!

Would love to hear it when you get a moment! I wonder if there's any easy way to relocate the battery... That's the only hint holding me off pulling the trigger right now!

Yeh it s a job to do as with moving the header tank. Depends what your engineering skills are like. For me I like a bit of a weekend engineering challenge so didn't bother me.

Well my jobs to do got a bit delayed and side tracked by a couple of electrical gremlins. The biggest being having the Rad fan go into high speed shortly after every cold start!. After going through everything, connections, relay's, cables, temp sensor, switching protection unit .....god why did the french make something so incredibly over complicated for something so easy, I was so about to scrap the french way and install a inline temperature sensor, relay driver unit. When I installed a new battery and it cured itself.
Any way one down and the second fix was a lot quicker, installing a new stalk for the wipers cured the windscreen washer pump issue.

Whilst fitting two new handbrake cables, I think I solved my "clicking" noise coming from the rear brakes, especially when warm, this since fitting dimpled and grooved MTEC brakes....I reversed the pads.

Now for some more retail therapy.....coilovers!

Last edited:
Fitted this and added a spare Renault Sport sticker .........hmmmm!...jury still out!
2016-05-05%2018.27.36%20HDR_zpsomknh25s.jpg
2016-05-05%2018.29.20_zpspq84uctq.jpg

Last edited:
Well seeing it was nice weekend got on with a few small pottering jobs. With having the bumper off to get to the bottom of the washer pump issue, which I have sorted.....but not going to tell what was up..;/
knocked up a front tow strap. Used the original tow bolt, chopped, drilled and tapped to secure the strap.

2016-05-07%2013.20.51_zpsf4fkk40w.jpg

One further job was to start installing brake cooling ducts, problem i came across was the position i had put the new washer bottle (which was a mod from installing the R3 replica air inlet and such having to relocate the rad header tank)
it would foul any potential passage of the duct. So washer bottle reduced in size and mounted behind the o/s front light.

2016-05-07%2014.53.28-1_zpshvgzftv0.jpg

Anyway front fog lights removed (for sale if anybody wants them) and the holes converted to brake cooling ducts. Just waiting for the ducting & boring some holes in the wheel arch liners to complete that one.

2016-05-10%2022.49.12_zpsxygipnzc.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 350
All maybe not lost!...I've come to my senses after a moment of madness!

I have given myself a stern talking too ....think thats with age tho!

Last edited: