Old Gits LY.....now under conversion

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by krash67, Jul 28, 2015.

1. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Moderator

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    GREAT BHP figure !!!

Whats the Engine / Exhaust / Breathing / Cam specs etc ?

2. krash67

krash67 Paid Member

Lincolnshire, UK
    BMW 140i & fecking around with a 200
    Thanks and it was site a sore eyes to see it still performing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

///M likes this.
  3. krash67

krash67 Paid Member

Lincolnshire, UK
    Thanks. It's still the standard engine, R3 carbon induction system, cheapo exhaust manifold and full akro exhaust.
    Letting the engine breath on standard internals you can still get some strong figures or recoup a few lost ones.

4. krash67

krash67 Paid Member

Lincolnshire, UK
    Well it was a long day yesterday and was hoping to post the final outcome.
    What initially we thought was going to be a issue, i.e timing reference points for crankshaft sensor and cam sensor was quickly solved. The base map I acquired from DTA needed a lot of fettling at the bottom end on both the timing and injection tables. Once we had a stable idle , which was high and due to partly a too taut throttle cable and a small throttle stop adjustment all was well.
    It was then sorting all the ambient air and water temperature compensation tables that effect timing when cold. These need to be sensible before mapping in earnest starts.
    Chris (EFI guru) thought it would be good to go straight into a full power run to see what's there. Remarkably the cam map wasn't that far off. So hence the second full run gave that warm fuzzy feel.
    Anyway what was important was a good smooth power curve and that's where most of the next 4 hours (apart from breaks and talk shit on general topics) was took up.
    Anyway outcome was 203bhp.
    Did have some small
    Issues with fettling the mid range AFR, this was from harmonics from the air induction system which needed to over fuel in that region and also from the fuel system. Unfortunately due to the time, I left the standard fuel system in. He had to accommodate for this.
    I will leave this for now and deal with the fuel system when I do the engine mods in the winter.

Well...... Ying and yang.....car sorted.....trailer fecked. Got home to three smoking wheel drums. Grease splatter all of the place. Binding disc's!!! Cooked the wheel bearings!!

Sean197 and ///M like this.
  5. krash67

krash67 Paid Member

Lincolnshire, UK
    Diverted my attention to sorting the few remaining minor jobs left. One is a stone protector for the crankshaft pully and improving brake cooling.
    Anyway mk1 .... will be drivers side tonight.

7ff39435dc636a3626d11217193f6f7d.jpg

Something I forgot from the mapping weekend.....

8af9b78b9c451aa278464848143f6363.jpg

f56adcd71341f9e552418619ebefa1fe.jpg

Sean197 likes this.