OEM air filter/air intake

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
Hello,

So I've recently acquired myself a lovely 2010 White 200 Cup, with 25k miles on the clock and I've got a few questions about the OEM air intake/air filter.

The previous owner decided to stick a K&N cone filter on her, but it's just sat behind the battery and it doesn't have a cold air feed going to it and it feels pretty hot back there after driving for a while.
Now I've done some research online, and read a lot of forums posts on here (air intake/filters etc is apparently a touchy subject :lol:smile: and it seems like it's probably best to stick with the OEM setup, which from what I can tell has two cold air feeds.

The problem I've got is I don't have the OEM setup to compare the performance difference, lot of people have said it feels sluggish with a K&N cone so I wan't to be able to fit OEM and compare see how I like it (not fussed about the noise, I'd rather she not be sluggish).

My question is where would I be able to get the OEM setup from, and how does it work, two cold feeds into a panel filter? Is my best bet to just find a breaking 197/200 and ask them how much for the pipes/air filter?
Also, is the cone filter going to be doing any damage to the engine in the long term? I appreciate that it's probably lost me a few BHP, but as long as it's not causing damage I'd be less fussed about restoring it to how it was.

Anybody on here got a K&N cone fitted who'd be able to throw their 2 cents about sluggishness etc?

Cheers.

Yeah I've switched my setup now from the K&N cone filter to standard air box with a K&N panel filter.

Feels much smoother to drive but is noticeably quieter... a Miltek exhaust should fix this though!