OE Headunit Has Strangely Died

HELP!!!! Parked the car up last Thursday (17th Dec) and have started it and left running for 20 minutes once every couple of days but today is the first time I have driven it in a week. When I set off I thought I would put the radio on and the headunit and dash display are totally dead.

I have read the manual and it says change the fuse, so I swapped it for the other 15 amp fuse underneath it on the fuse board and it's still dead. At first I thought that because the car had been stood for so long that the battery voltage might have dropped and the headunit thought that the power had been cut but I can't put the security code in.

Suggestions please!!! Otherwse I'll have to ring the dealer after Christmas :frown:

I'm in the same boat mate - just tried mine after a week of standing and if started but head unti dead. Have you tried the dealer yet, and if so, any ideas?

its the cold weather it affects the units for some reason, pull the headunit out unplug it and then reconnect it and it should reset its self,

its the cold weather it affects the units for some reason, pull the headunit out unplug it and then reconnect it and it should reset its self,

french electrics..............dont you just luv em.............not ;/

mine has done the same also - booked in to dealers tomorrow, is under warranty although im sure all they will do is unplug and replug!

My car has been stood so long that the battery went flat. Once I jumped it off the stereo asked for the code and it's working again now. I don't know whether to take it to the dealers or not. I reckon it will be one of those gremlins that they will never solve but will probably scratch the silver surround or summat like that while they are at it!

My car has been stood so long that the battery went flat. Once I jumped it off the stereo asked for the code and it's working again now. I don't know whether to take it to the dealers or not. I reckon it will be one of those gremlins that they will never solve but will probably scratch the silver surround or summat like that while they are at it!

this is why im not so keen to take mine in - the more i think about it the more i am tempted just to remove it myself and put it back in but at the same time - i may get a brand new head unit for nowt.....

I know what you mean mate. When I pulled it out to fit an iPod lead i bubble wrapped the gear knob so as not to scratch it and was really careful when taking it out ad utting it back in. Somehow I can't see the dealers taking the same amount of care....... :thumbdown:

this is why im not so keen to take mine in - the more i think about it the more i am tempted just to remove it myself and put it back in but at the same time - i may get a brand new head unit for nowt.....

yea you may do mate coz weve done a few new units under warrenty for this problem even if it does work after resetting

took in to the dealer this morning, fixed the headunit for now and have ordered a brand new one.

Was told that as they are on back order it can take anything from 5 days to 5 weeks....

apparently this is a uk wide issue and they are aware of it. radio's are made in a warm country and are only tested to 0degrees. my car was showing -10 last week so that would not of helped at all!!

at least it is fixed for now

Woza.

took in to the dealer this morning, fixed the headunit for now and have ordered a brand new one.

Was told that as they are on back order it can take anything from 5 days to 5 weeks....

apparently this is a uk wide issue and they are aware of it. radio's are made in a warm country and are only tested to 0degrees. my car was showing -10 last week so that would not of helped at all!!

Woza.

Will book mine in now then

Woza.

yea unfortunatly i have 6 of these on order now and they all on b/o make sure they have out it on an urgent order otherwise itll never arrive,

Have delayed my visit to the dealers because of the conditions. When I rang to re-arrange I told them it has started working again but they said a new headunit is on order anyway as it's a known fault. They do a few tests on it first and then they swap it under warranty.

Must say the customer service at my dealer has been spot on so far - and I didn't get the car from them either!

Similar Thread Suggestions