Not so much of a Clio...

MarkTeamF1

POTM Winner - March 2017
As the title suggests, it's not a Clio... however, it is detailing orientated.

I had the joys of cleaning this almost freshly painted BM. I don't claim to be a detailer by any shot, as I've still got some road to go, but I got a really good finish on this, & I was quite proud of myself.

The process I followed was:
Rinse
A two bucket wash
Rinse
Dry
Clean Wheels
Seal Wheels
Tyre Gel
Polish Body
Seal
Wax
Exhaust Polish
Window Polish
Final wipe down to remove any polish/wax dust

It took me near enough 4 hours and the results definitely show! It's nice to clean a car with a mirror-like paint job.

Let me know what you think :smile:

hrgmo5j.jpg
e3l6AO7.jpg
zf5zc9s.jpg
LigWh8O.jpg
wE3nQKG.jpg
kHYvF9s.jpg

Great work Mark, that looks really good! I bet the owner was chuffed! Liking the matching shoes in the same colour as well, nice touch :wink:

Great work Mark, that looks really good! I bet the owner was chuffed! Liking the matching shoes in the same colour as well, nice touch :wink:

He was very happy! He couldn't thank me enough! It was a job for a job, so I'm booked in for wing mirror caps and door handles to be painted black :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
Stunning colour. Really nice work Mark, she's looking VERY tidy there.

That stick on CSL lip on the boot needs to go though!!! :smiley:

Stunning colour. Really nice work Mark, she's looking VERY tidy there.

That stick on CSL lip on the boot needs to go though!!! :smiley:

Cheers M! Owner quite likes it and it's smoothed in quite nicely ontop, shame about the other bit not being smoothed. Hey ho, not my car :wink:

Cheers M! Owner quite likes it and it's smoothed in quite nicely ontop, shame about the other bit not being smoothed. Hey ho, not my car :wink:

Yeah I was a bit confused at first but can see the work done. Why go half measures though? If you're going to get the top smoothed out, why not the back too. Although you could probably get a CSL rep boot for that money!

Yeah I was a bit confused at first but can see the work done. Why go half measures though? If you're going to get the top smoothed out, why not the back too. Although you could probably get a CSL rep boot for that money!

Your guess is as good as mine, he bought it like that. I'll suggest it to him, although he'll probably say no because he won't want to paint the car anymore haha!

Your guess is as good as mine, he bought it like that. I'll suggest it to him, although he'll probably say no because he won't want to paint the car anymore haha!

It's a shame mate. To anyone who knows BMW, it's the only thing letting a really lovely car down. Whoever did it has gone to the length of buying a whole new boot too as that's the facelift version but it's the old (MUCH better) version of the car. Maybe it was damaged at some point so they had to buy a new one anyway.

Any idea what's under the bonnet?

It's a shame mate. To anyone who knows BMW, it's the only thing letting a really lovely car down. Whoever did it has gone to the length of buying a whole new boot too as that's the facelift version but it's the old (MUCH better) version of the car. Maybe it was damaged at some point so they had to buy a new one anyway.

Any idea what's under the bonnet?

Who knows :worried: I don't know my BMW, so forgive me if I get this wrong but a 1.9 petrol?

Reactions: ///M