Nimbus 197 from Cape Town

So I figured it was time I finally said hi on the forum and posted some pictures. Been lurking around here for a while (amazing forum btw, extremely informative). I've owned my car for about 8 months now - it's run pretty well apart from the occasional engine mounting issue. Previously owned a 2001 Audi S3, and this is my first Renault, so it's been an interesting, largely positive, experience.

Don't have any massive plans for the car just yet - probably just an RSTuning remap and decent flat panel filter. We're also quite limited in terms of aftermarket mods on the clios here due to the incredibly low numbers on our roads in SA.

Anyway, here my car is - FF with full RS kit - splitter, skirts and cup spoiler. Also did the wheels in gunmetal (chose this over the anthracite as it looks slightly darker in the flesh). Will be doing the calipers imola(ish) yellow soon.

Apologies for the crappy phone pics.

Before spraying wheels
GordonsBaysmall.jpg

Photo151.jpg

After spraying wheels
22032011007SmallSmall.gif

17032011002Small.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. And thanks for months of valuable info. So much, in fact, that I haven't yet needed to ask a question.

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Lol, we have an "RS Forum" as well - so most of us Saffas spend our time on there. I imagine a number of 197 owners will have a snoop around here when they're looking for more specific info / discussion.

I'm not entirely sure. On our forum, there are probably about 30 or so 197 drivers (more of them up in johannesburg than there are down here in cape town). Not sure about total sales figures though. I know only 27 R27s were brought over - so they're really rare.

I've noticed from reading many posts on here that most (if not all) the UK FFs seem to have come with keyless entry - is this true? Over here, the 197s came standard with ordinary keys (not cards) :worried:

Anyway, happy royal weddinging over there. You'd be shocked (and appalled) at how much interest there is over here. I just don't get it.

I'm more interested in a weekend packed with super 15!

I've noticed from reading many posts on here that most (if not all) the UK FFs seem to have come with keyless entry - is this true? Over here, the 197s came standard with ordinary keys (not cards) :worried:

Anyway, happy royal weddinging over there. You'd be shocked (and appalled) at how much interest there is over here. I just don't get it.

I'm more interested in a weekend packed with super 15!
FF yep keyless
sod the royal wedding

Thanks Leigh.

Quick update. Had the calipers done in yellow last week. Been too lazy to get some pics up though. Work's been crazy. Will get to it when I have some time. Also, still need to get the brembo decals on. There's a big hillclimb event happening next weekend (20-22 May) in Knysna (about 5 hours drive outside of Cape Town). So a couple of us will be heading up. I'm not competing unfortunately, the entry fee and extras were just prohibitively expensive, but it should be loads of fun nonetheless. Will start a proper picture thread once I'm back and share the pics there.