Newby

Hi,

I bought my Clio 197 a few weeks ago, and love it to pieces!

I've moved on from a 1.9 Mjet Grande Punto Sporting, which was good, but the Clio is much more refined!

I used the FiatForum.com a lot, and was very useful, and I hope that this forum is the same!

I'll put some pictures up in a bit!

Cheers,

Jos

Welcome Jos!!!

Good cars the Punto's, my mum currently has a 1.4 MultiAir, very refined.

I'm sure you'll find this forum equally as helpful and it's nice to see another black 197 has found it's way here. :smile:

Welcome mate. Nice car, I like the MP4 next to it too!

I like the Grande Punto, nearly bought a 1.9 Sporting in blue, but the clutch was annoying on my test drive which put me off. My mate has one in the blue, but his is the 1.4 t-jet petrol. Fantastic car, very quick too.

How come you had to change the engine? It's a GM/Fiat unit from the Astra, Vectra, etc isn't it?

Yes it is, and had only done 25k.....

Shame I managed to got from 6th to 2nd like a tool..... whilst doing 80mph.....

It was quick, wiped some smiles off people at a trackday!

Although I'm sure a lot of it was rich old men in Radicals etc that didnt want to hurt their baby, whereas manic old me who thinks he's a racing driver because I work in motorsport, was just about holding on!

Was a reluctant sale, but still had a few issues after I fitted the new engine that I didnt have the money/diagnostics/time to fix. Especially when the new unit cost me £1000. Thank god I didnt have to pay £3500 for a garage to fit it!