MRizzle

Gold Member
Hi all! Firstly, great forum filled with lots of advice from a number of very knowledgeable contributors. I've just begun to scratch the surface of the forum so will have a lot of reading to do.

I'm set to collect a new to me 200 on Tuesday. Due to an unforeseen change in circumstances and a HUGE repair bill on my current car, I've decided not to spend money that I can't recoup on a car that I planned on selling in the next 18-20 months and put some money in my back pocket. This is going 971CFAC5-1B12-44DB-BFF2-E7C5B8C4FA38_zpsqjjge6fs.jpg

to be replaced by this

EDD96958-D62A-4FD7-82DB-681BB1B9464E_zps6chosrfz.jpg

I will be absolutely honest, the VXR has been my favourite car to date and I have loved owning. It is with a heavy heart that I'm getting rid of it but needs must so I was searching for a fun replacement and this ticked a lot of boxes for me. I'll probably only keep it about 18 months but some subtle personalisation is my first point of call and this is where I'd really like some guidance.

I'll be looking to upgrade bulbs and wondered if anyone can guide me? I'll be looking to upgrade to LEDs where appropriate, chiefly for the rear reg plate etc.

I'm looking at the K Tech sprint spoiler because I like the subtleness of it. I'll also be looking at some rear tints (not too boy racer in tint) and considering a cheeky anthracite finish on the alloys (but am undecided). I'll also be rebadging the rear. It's the little touches.

I'm also keen to get an ITG panel filter. Anywhere best to get this? K tech?

Are there any nice carbon parts available? Any recommendations or suggestions?

Lastly, any other good suggestions or threads?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance for any contributions to the thread!!

Last edited:
Welcome :smile: I do like those VXR's!

I'll be looking to upgrade bulbs and wondered if anyone can guide me? I'll be looking to upgrade to LEDs where appropriate, chiefly for the rear reg plate etc.

I'm also keen to get an ITG panel filter. Anywhere best to get this? K tech?

Bulbs - Interior bulbs (6 total, 3 front 3 rear), door puddle lights (2 total, 1 per side), number plate (2) bulbs are all the same - T10 W5W 501 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4X-5-SMD-...XENON-WHITE-/320895034394?hash=item4ab6d5a41a
Indicator Bulbs - Many, like myself, remove the orange bulbs for silver ones - PHILIPS SILVER VISION PY21W
Front lights - OSRAMs are great for main beam, dipped and side lights, although they're a bit of a pain to change - see the How To - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...ront-bulbs-on-a-197-amp-200-(inc-projectors-)

ITG Panel filter - I guess where ever you can get hold of it the cheapest tbh (think they're approx £50-55).... sometimes they pop up in the for sale section of the forum too

Welcome chap! Great colour you've got there. Agree, the wheels need to go darker, like a dark anthracite or black. Speedlines look great on that colour too, there's a cheap set going here for £400.
I never looked into the the ITG filter and just got myself a K&N panel filter, think it was cheaper at £48 but could well be wrong!
I have the same spec as you - no Cup chassis option but is still lovely to drive. Admittedly I've just bought some Eibach Pro springs to be fitted in the not too distant future as needs a slight drop.
Cheap mods would be Powerflex mounts - upper torque arm and lower engine mount would be a good place to start. Car feels nice and tight and is hopefully reducing load on the manifold flex! All for £50 plus fitting.
Where abouts are you based anyway?

welcome and hope you enjoy your new baby..the VXr looks very nice in white..
any 501 led bulbs from ebay will do..just got a pack of 10 for about £3..the ITG panel filter is a waste of money mate..have one in mine but there is no difference apart from the fact you can re-use it it..i'd rather get a better set of brake pads instead..but if you want one then K-tec is a good place to visit..

just look through our project threads..plenty of inspiration to be found in them..
you can also get some carbon parts from ebay such as "front and rear diamonds,interior bits etc...

hope this helps

Last edited:
Correct :smile: Can tell because of the wheels, but the real give away is the front bumper and how it molds around the lights.

Yesssss! Get in (and it was based on the headlights!). I feel like one of the gang now 8)

Thanks everyone for all the advice and tips so far!! Really helpful and the LEDs are now ordered. You guys and girls are awesome! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for all the advice and tips so far!! Really helpful and the LEDs are now ordered. You guys and girls are awesome! :thumbup:

Yeah, we are. Also, we take no liability for how much you end up spending - I just go ahead and order as soon as someone posts a link. Happened with wind deflectors, wheel bolt caps, Osram bulbs, and now... LED's.

Yeah, we are. Also, we take no liability for how much you end up spending - I just go ahead and order as soon as someone posts a link. Happened with wind deflectors, wheel bolt caps, Osram bulbs, and now... LED's.

Hahaha...this is always how it begins!! Please feel free to hook me up with any links to anything that you mentioned - might as well just hand you my bank card now!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6