Newbie looking for a 197/200

Hi.

I currently have a Renaultsport Megane 225 Lux, after selling my Clio 182 (after ten years!) and Volvo V50 last year.

I have the itch to buy a Clio again, and was recently offered my old 182 back, however my wife was not happy with this 'backwards' step and my obsession with the 182. Therefore, I have decided to look for a later 197 or older 200 to fill this Clio-shaped void in my life.

Anything I should be looking out for? Other than the usual 5 year/72k cam/aux belt service.

Also, how do I get access to view the cars for sale on the forum?

Hi mate, welcome!

To view the for sale section you need to be a paid member, only costs a fiver and is definitely worth it as it also gives you access to the 'How To' section which is invaluable IMO!

In terms of things to look out for, have a read of the buyers guide.

Good luck with the search :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Definitely buy on condition and past history rather than age and mileage.

Cherished Mk3 RS' go on for years whereas abused ones are plentiful. Well worth seeking out a minter.

Definitely buy on condition and past history rather than age and mileage.

Cherished Mk3 RS' go on for years whereas abused ones are plentiful. Well worth seeking out a minter.
Yup, definitely will do. I had my 182 for ten years and looked after it well, it wanted for nothing

What should my price range be for later 197/early 200? I was thinking tops £5k.

Yeah, I would be willing to wait for the right one. I've just spent about £600-700 on the 225 in the past two months, so it is fine for now.

Take your time mate gearbox is biggest issue, plenty of abused 'mint' examples out there! Receipts for all work done is a must.

Cheers for the help guys, much appreciated. I take it is the same notchy 3rd gear issues, and kangaroo-ing from cold?

Welcome. Dodgy synchro on 3rd & 4th can be an issue. Hope you find a good car.

Good evening and welcome to the forum.

Suffolk you say (Actually i see !). Whereabouts are you from Malachi ?

Welcome. Buyers guide is totally solid. Really helped us.

Oh and they pretty much all have the bumper popping out near the drivers side headlight. And the same with the glovebox sagging on one side. Both fixable (guide in the brilliant how to section) so don't let them bother you!

Oh and R27 ftw :poke: