newbie here with 57plate clio 197

Picked up my clio 197 about 3 weeks ago and only started to look around for forum to join. First impressions of the car are good although it does seem to have some issues which i will need to post up in the technical section.

Handbrake light decides to come on when it wants
there is a really annoying noise when you hit around 3200rpm(like a humming or vibration from engine/exhaust)
there is a knocking noise from underneath the gearstick
there is also a knocking noise from the engine bay

The car has only done 20k and is going back to garage we got it from to get this list of things fixed.

Are any of the above normal faults?

Cheers

Chris

Welcome to the site Chris! What colour did you go for? Any pics?

TBH none of those things are something I have come across before Im afraid but it shouldn't be too hard for you to get them sorted I would hope!

Hi Chris welcome to the site, check out the various technical sections for help with some of your niggles :smile:

think the correct name is albi blue or something like that. I had a 56 plate impreza sti which i had modded to around 370bhp and 380lb/ft torque so is a bit different. I found doing 18000 miles a year in a scoob with work was not economical nor was it enjoyable towards the end. i think i sickened myself of it.will try gets some pics up soon after i give it a good wash.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Car is now booked in to renault to get my list of complaints looked at. I said I wouldn't mod this car after modding my last scoob but I think that the car needs a better sounding exhaust and a roof spoiler can anyone help with options on what to get.don't want really loud exhaust just one that sounds bit better.
Chris

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Car is now booked in to renault to get my list of complaints looked at. I said I wouldn't mod this car after modding my last scoob but I think that the car needs a better sounding exhaust and a roof spoiler can anyone help with options on what to get.don't want really loud exhaust just one that sounds bit better.
Chris

Welcome to the site bud.

I have a Ktec pro exhaust can't recommend it enough, its a little louder than standard but it sounds epic when nailing it, check out the exhaust section I have a post on it ther.

As for a spoiler just have a look in the gallery youl see your options ther.

Get some pics up to. :smile:

A lot different from the scoob but fun. Just waiting on all the issues getting sorted. I really am itching to mod but am trying to resist

finally had enough

after 2 months of hassles i have thrown in the towel and the 197 is going. Been in to 2 garages now and have now been told that the drone at 60-65mph is part of the renault clio 197 characteristic. I cannot believe that Renault are hitting me with this rubbish. Dothey honestly expcet me to believe that they build a car that you have to wear ear plugs in when driving on the motorway!?????
so it is going away this week and being replace with a focus ST3. I can't find anywhere in any renaul literature that the drone is a characteristic of the car. I have contacted Renault and await their response.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness on my short lived posting.

chris

Thats really gutting mate, I thought I got a lemon with mine but they fixed it all.

Thanks for being here and posting, and good luck with the ST

My 197 failed its first MOT yesterday on emissions, I am NOT amused to say the least!

the 197 definately makes a louder humming noise at 3.5rpm, mine does it and so does my mates 200. sort of a hollow deep drone. sounds gdddd! lol, but does get annoying wen doing 70mph on the motorway as that is 3.5rpm. :smiley:

You got to love the 197 for every good point there are 3 bad lol

if it wasn't for the way it makes you feel when driving it hard not sure if I'd still own it.

Ohh and they look the t*ts

Sorry to see you jacking it in so soon. My journey has been fraught with problems as well and am working these out with the dealer at the moment. If only it didn't make me smile so much.

Similar Thread Suggestions